Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
couldn't even make it to the start of the season hahahahaha

so much for the "babcock deserves a second chance" narrative. what made anyone think that psycho had magically changed into a stand up human being in a few years? biz and whitney are annoying as f***, but it was pretty obvious this stuff was legit with how they weren't backing down from it

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I still don’t understand what the whole Babcock situation is

He asked to go through players phones?
sounds like that's the crux of it. some vet players were fine with it, but younger guys werent. with the power dynamic involved it's not a good thing from Babcock. also apparently asking for a players phone and looking through for several minutes outside of team facilities is a bigger issue.

my 2 cents, it's fair to fire him for what he did, but people in general are overreacting like hell to what he actually did with the assumption that he was doing it with complete malicious intent. This doesn't include the other shit he's done in the past btw, i'm just talking this phone thing.

Reactions: Captain kahruinch

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
sounds like that's the crux of it. some vet players were fine with it, but younger guys werent. with the power dynamic involved it's not a good thing from Babcock. also apparently asking for a players phone and looking through for several minutes outside of team facilities is a bigger issue.

my 2 cents, it's fair to fire him for what he did, but people in general are overreacting like hell to what he actually did with the assumption that he was doing it with complete malicious intent. This doesn't include the other shit he's done in the past btw, i'm just talking this phone thing.
Ya I really don't think Babcock had nefarious intentions, I just think he's socially inept.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

was he just asking players to see their phones and went through them? because there's reports he was going through the phones and showing the photos on a projector for the rest of the team to see

you would think a guy who was skating on very thin ice to begin with would be able to contain himself and not pull any psycho, manipulative BS like this, but nope. he just couldn't help himself

i wonder if jarmo is next

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

All for looking through a phone basically…?

I must have a different perspective, but even if these athletes had private (or provocative) things on their phone - you can hide that (or even put it on some cloud service). I can’t be the only one who has done that.

Ya I really don't think Babcock had nefarious intentions, I just think he's socially inept.

I mean, if someone asked to go through my phone, I would just give it to them. I have nothing on there to hide. Or even if there was, there are many ways (android/iOS) to hide that kind of material

Reactions: dracom

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

I must have a different perspective, but even if these athletes had private (or provocative) things on their phone - you can hide that (or even put it on some cloud service). I can’t be the only one who has done that.

I mean, if someone asked to go through my phone, I would just give it to them. I have nothing on there to hide. Or even if there was, there are many ways (android/iOS) to hide that kind of material
yeah i would feel the same, but maybe i just have a boring camera roll lol. it's all just photos of my dog and random Marvel Snap screenshots lol. but i wont exactly blame others if they would feel uncomfortable with it.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Send me your phone.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The more I think about it the more I think it probably was malicious. He's got a degree in sports psychology, he's not dumb, he's been in charge of teenagers (on up) his whole adult life. There's a HUGE difference between asking to see some pics of someone's family or whatever versus asking to go through the camera roll of someone that works for you, whose career you control, and then on top of that projecting it (reportedly)? That's bizarre and ALL it could do is make someone uncomfortable, and so I think it was probably designed to do that.

I have no problem handing someone my phone lmao
Okay, I'll PM you a PO Box.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Either Babcock has no idea how to maneuver in a world where he is under the microscope or he doesn't care to.

Either way, Columbus' management should be shot into the sun for getting bamboozled or for the sheer arrogance of thinking this time it wouldn't be them.

It still surprises me how stunningly inept very successful people can be. It's insane.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The worst part of all of this is that this 'legitimizes' buffoons like Biz.

Can't wait to see him cry on national TV about the Leafs for the 500th time in the last 12 months.

Biz has also been very vocal to how much he hates Rangers fans.…..feeling is mutual. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad