Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Biz has always been a lunkhead. Still can't believe he has a national TV platform in this country.
I like Biz, actually. I think he's the "a bit hothead, but also a bit funny" character that the game coverage clearly lacks to get the buzz going more. Not saying he's ideal, but I like him, he's also showed tons of passion about the game and empathy about other players situations.

That being said, I could also imagine it ending up being blown out of proportion from him. :laugh: Will see.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I do enjoy the memes:

If this ends up being nonsense from the SC crew, It's a shame about all this. But it feels there it is at the very least something to the story. So no bad feelings at least yet :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: duckaroosky

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I like Biz, actually. I think he's the "a bit hothead, but also a bit funny" character that the game coverage clearly lacks to get the buzz going more. Not saying he's ideal, but I like him, he's also showed tons of passion about the game and empathy about other players situations.

That being said, I could also imagine it ending up being blown out of proportion from him. :laugh: Will see.
I don’t like him at all, and think this is a very dangerous game he’s playing. You can’t just make shit up if you’re going to be a member of the national media. There should be major consequences for ruining someone’s character like this

He’s not just some ex-player on Twitter that can say whatever any more - he forfeited that right.

There should be a suspension coming from TNT if he actually falsely reported this

Other leagues have hot head but funny guys that don’t make stuff up - Stephen A Smith is a good example of a quality reporter who is edgy but has never made something up

Reactions: Deuce22 and Kalv

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I don’t like him at all, and think this is a very dangerous game he’s playing. You can’t just make shit up if you’re going to be a member of the national media. There should be major consequences for ruining someone’s character like this

He’s not just some ex-player on Twitter that can say whatever any more - he forfeited that right.

There should be a suspension coming from TNT if he actually falsely reported this

Other leagues have hot head but funny guys that don’t make stuff up - Stephen A Smith is a good example of a quality reporter who is edgy but has never made something up

Except he didn't just make it up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Stephen A Smith takes are as hot as a sun. They might be different than what Biz just did, but SAS has degraded players. I remember his takes on Porzingis when they drafted him. He said things to disrespect a 18 yo kid. It was a mess...

But he creates buzz. Similar role to Biz, imo. Just different :laugh:

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Are you telling me there is a chance that Gibson plays another game for the Ducks??? Someone take Seravalli's credentials.
I kind of forgot about the whole Gibson saga. I wonder if that's because there wasn't much interest in him from other teams or if this summer's signings have given him more hope.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Doubt Biz just made it up, but don’t doubt he exaggerated the circumstances or severity. Wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last media member to do so. He’s NHL on TNTs version of Barkley, but obviously far less successful.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Doubt Biz just made it up, but don’t doubt he exaggerated the circumstances or severity. Wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last media member to do so. He’s NHL on TNTs version of Barkley, but obviously far less successful.
So I’m other words he did make it up. This is something that should have been a non-story. Babcock likely asking to see photos of players’ vacation/family life in order to get to know them. Seems pretty normal

Biz knows Babcock is an easy target to pile on after the Marner situation in Toronto so he seized the opportunity.

Nasty guy and should be removed from TNT

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So I’m other words he did make it up. This is something that should have been a non-story. Babcock likely asking to see photos of players’ vacation/family life in order to get to know them. Seems pretty normal

Biz knows Babcock is an easy target to pile on after the Marner situation in Toronto so he seized the opportunity.

So you say that Biz assumed a situation without knowledge while assuming what he did at the same time? What in the inception is this? :laugh:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Seems like a situation where if you're pretending to be a journalist you'd want to corroborate the story from your secondhand source who's obviously biased against the subject you're investigating.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Both of my statements could be true. Biz said a player told him Babcock asked to see pictures on a player(s) phone to get to know them better. Then Whit and him went on to speculate/joke about the content of pictures.

Seems like a situation where if you're pretending to be a journalist you'd want to corroborate the story from your secondhand source who's obviously biased against the subject you're investigating.

100% agree, but Biz isn’t a journalist nor does he pretend to be.

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Both of my statements could be true. Biz said a player told him Babcock asked to see pictures on a player(s) phone to get to know them better. Then Whit and him went on to speculate/joke about the content of pictures.

100% agree, but Biz isn’t a journalist nor does he pretend to be.
He is though. He's literally reporting a story and claiming to have a source. He's not saying, I bet this is happening. He's reporting it as fact.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fantilli had some sick pics in his camera roll from the Worlds in Latvia, that's why he said he wants to go to Columbus. Wanted to show someone so bad

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84 and spuddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad