Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
That has to be 5+ right? It’s basically the Perron hit but because of a guy scoring too hard instead of an injury to a teammate.
It's the NHL, so who knows? But I think 5 - 7 games sounds right. Hit to the head, not a hockey play, completely intentional...it checks a lot of boxes. I'm too lazy to look up whether Reilly has a history, but if not, that's the only thing keeping it under 10. Well, that and whether Grieg is going to miss any games (I know he got up, but he'll need to be tested for a concussion). I expect 5 or 6.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I mean.... Rielly just showed the the "f*** around and find out" chart to the guy. I dont love that the cross check went to the dome, but other than that, Im all for it. Dont do dumb shit and dumb shit wont be done to you. All ya had to do was tap the guy into his home and nothing would have happened. But no, you had to show boat or send a message or whatever, and you got shown what they thought of that.

Rielly still deserves a suspension, but it ones of those suspensions that as a fan or front office guy, or even a teammate, youre totally OK with.

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I mean.... Rielly just showed the the "f*** around and find out" chart to the guy. I dont love that the cross check went to the dome, but other than that, Im all for it. Dont do dumb shit and dumb shit wont be done to you. All ya had to do was tap the guy into his home and nothing would have happened. But no, you had to show boat or send a message or whatever, and you got shown what they thought of that.

Rielly still deserves a suspension, but it ones of those suspensions that as a fan or front office guy, or even a teammate, youre totally OK with.

What did greig find out though? That he could shame his rival teams entire 6 on 5 unit/ top defenseman in front of the whole hockey world by taking a cross check? He’s an up and coming pest he probably lives for it just like Perry did lol

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

There's a stark difference between being classless and literally assaulting people with potential to cause serious and/or long term injury. This is not the so called FAFO, it's not even close.

Nobody should be totally OK with driving an edge of a carbon fibre stick towards someone's neck and head area.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
If a ducks player went after a guys head for showboating Id think he's a f'n idiot. I don't care about the goal nets feeling being hurt. To get suspended over that would seriously make me question their iq.
Its the same level of idiocy as the guys that were saying Zegras deserved to get jumped by Arizona.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Players getting so mad because of some empty net shit is some real pathetic nonsense. For a league that prides itself on how tough the players are, they are some of the most mentally soft people around. “Oh no, you scored an empty net goal the wrong way. You broke some unwritten code, now im going to physically beat you.” God, grow up and take your loss like an adult

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Greig scored a goal. If I were wearing a Maple Leafs jersey on the ice, I'd be upset that we just gave up an empty netter to a crappy team while we're in a fight for our playoff lives. How he scored it is irrelevant. Look inward and fix the problems.

I don't particularly care for anything that's done to annoy or show up the other team. But ultimately Greig scored a goal, which is his job, and Rielly's response was to try to decapitate him. And now he's getting suspended. That doesn't help his team.

Reactions: dracom
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Players getting so mad because of some empty net shit is some real pathetic nonsense. For a league that prides itself on how tough the players are, they are some of the most mentally soft people around. “Oh no, you scored an empty net goal the wrong way. You broke some unwritten code, now im going to physically beat you.” God, grow up and take your loss like an adult
I tell my six year old, it's okay to be mad. Some things make you mad! But you can't go around breaking things.

In hockey we allow men to act like boys but with the caveat that they don't use weapons or try to hurt each other with anything other than fists. Reilly was such a baby he couldn't even do that. So it's timeout for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think in this case, it was a lot of frustrations so far this season boiling over.

Leafs have basically been under achieving all year, losing games against bad rivals when fighting for a playoff spot. Most criticized franchise in terms of the lime light.

Reilly for the most part is pretty reserved player, but ya the season is starting to get to him, the consistent losing in the playoffs all just piling on.

I don’t mind rielly reacting to greigs showboating, just dumb execution on it. I assume the league gives him 6, tho I think it should be 10+ minimum

Reactions: Kalv

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

The Maple Leafs ice time leader is about to be suspended possibly for 6+ games while they are battling for their playoff lives.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Maple Leafs ice time leader is about to be suspended possibly for 6+ games while they are battling for their playoff lives.
Ya that’s the issue he coulda sent the msg without a dirty cheap shot… and hopefully light a spark under rest of the team…. Instead he made a stupid play and his team is going to have to play the next chunk of gains without arguably their most important player(at least on back end)

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

If the crosscheck went shoulder instead of head/neck, its a different story. And like I said, thats the part I had issue with, the stick going to the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad