Around the NHL 2023-24 - playoff thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't hate Yetis but I'd to simply see a new team to not go down the roller hockey name path. Let's go back to naming teams after regular birds. No more Wild, Blizzard, Venom...

Utah Crows, who's with me?
Utah Carrion Scavenger Cathartidae!!!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Maybe I’m cheesy but I’m totally onboard with Yetis.

Where did they even get Yetis from though? Is there some Utah folklore story that I've just missed? Cause Yetis have always been associated with the Himalayan mountains like Everest. Like even Disney's Animal Kingdom has the roller coaster with the Yeti that is literally themed to this.

I would think most people from there would much rather have a team name that's actually associated with their state, even more so because the Jazz have nothing to do with their state.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts...

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yetis is promising but there is this...

R.png

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts...

yeah if the devils ever moved i wouldn't follow them or support them i would just simply stop watching hockey. would love to know how many people legit still follow support a team when they move? total cuck/beta move if you ask me

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
yeah if the devils ever moved i wouldn't follow them or support them i would just simply stop watching hockey. would love to know how many people legit still follow support a team when they move? total cuck/beta move if you ask me

I'd be done with the NHL completely. I'd just use that money and travel for Team USA to the worlds / junior tournaments depending on cities and I'd absolutely do the Olympics over everything else.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Yetis is kinda meh.

I think they intentionally released the other crap first so when they change it to "Yetis", everyone is grateful.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Poor Flames fans. Does anyone ever want to stay there?
I think he's just trying to not negotiate through the media, and no discussions have taken place yet so he legitimately has no idea what the FO wants to do with him. I think there's a good chance he signs a sizable extension there this offseason.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think he's just trying to not negotiate through the media, and no discussions have taken place yet so he legitimately has no idea what the FO wants to do with him. I think there's a good chance he signs a sizable extension there this offseason.
If Yegor has another good season he might price himself out of Calgary

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If Yegor has another good season he might price himself out of Calgary
It's hard to see what they do after bleeding a lot of their talent this season while having Huberdeau signed at 10.5m until 2031... It's also hard to see what the hell Toronto saw in Brad Treliving's tenure that made them think he was the guy to right the ship. Calgary feels so rudderless, along with most of the Canadian franchises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad