Around the NHL: 2022-23 Preseason, training camps and... GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
In addition to this - which should obvious to anyone... It was the punter of the team that punts less than any other.

Let's imagine it was the starting QB instead of the punter in the same situation - everyone here would be entitled to get on their high horse if the Bills acted in the same way.

But i honestly believe that Araiza was cut simply because the hassle / negative spotlight far outweighed any negligible big picture benefit gained by his presence.

Eh. Is any comparable a star QB that was on the team?

A prospect isn’t really any different than a punter

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Eh. Is any comparable a star QB that was on the team?

A prospect isn’t really any different than a punter
That's kind of my point. Nobody needs to be getting on a high horse about Araiza being cut.

Not that he would ever do anything - but hypothetically if Allen were in that situation & the Bills cut all ties... that's the point I'd be convinced a team cared more about morals than they do about winning.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I really hate that the rules create this weird game of trying to get as close without going over specifically for LTIR purposes. I highly doubt that was the intention of the LTIR rules, but there should be an easy fix to that...

As a fan it can be extremely frustrating because everyone thinks that a team with cap issues will end up losing good players and weaken their team. But looking at it from an owners and player perspective, I highly doubt they ever do anything:

- The LTIR rules benefit the players because it allows teams to spend more on player salaries.
- The LTIR rules benefit the owners because they have a loophole to acquire more talent to improve their chance of winning on the ice.

I mean, I guess some owners could argue the Kucherov situation created an uneven playing field a few years ago, but I doubt something like that ever happens again. That situation was more the exception than the rule. More often than not a cap strapped team will suffer with depth the way Vegas did a year ago.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Would you pay $150 for a blank jersey?

I'll trade you two of these bad boys for an official sabres jersey of your choice: Troy DJ80 Series Ice Hockey Practice Jersey | Senior | Solid Color | Blank | Plain | Men | Mesh | Lightweight : Amazon.ca: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

You make out like a bandit. Get all of that "advertising" out of your closet.
I really hope that you realized that you walked directly into my point and proved it with the reply

As a fan it can be extremely frustrating because everyone thinks that a team with cap issues will end up losing good players and weaken their team. But looking at it from an owners and player perspective, I highly doubt they ever do anything:

- The LTIR rules benefit the players because it allows teams to spend more on player salaries.
- The LTIR rules benefit the owners because they have a loophole to acquire more talent to improve their chance of winning on the ice.

I mean, I guess some owners could argue the Kucherov situation created an uneven playing field a few years ago, but I doubt something like that ever happens again. That situation was more the exception than the rule. More often than not a cap strapped team will suffer with depth the way Vegas did a year ago.
This, although Tampa did have to move McDonough. So they did lose someone of quality but they most likely did it at an opportune time on the quality of play and age diagram

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Oh I agree, I just think they can simplify the accounting rules to eliminate the need for the preseason shenanigans teams have to do right now. Like just make the LTIR pool equal to the salaries on LTIR, period, instead of subtracting out the team's cap space creating this incentive to get with dollars of the cap limit.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Sorry for not being totally on topic, but what is the best/cheapest way to legally watch the most sabres games if i live in the Buffalo market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce