Around the NHL: 2021-22 Who makes the playoffs??? (Not Vegas, that's who)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe is not very good.

I do expect we'll hear move about whatever is wrong with Jack's hand/wrist in the coming days both from a human interest POV and also PR about why this all happened. He did have a game where he took a shot off his hand and didn't return, then was back. I suspect he wasn't fully right and tried to play through it, leading to the softball shot attempts in SO's and such, but it just didn't work out. He's also getting pilloried for things beyond his control - Vegas management made their cap bed and now they should be held accountable for their maneuvering which had a roster that could never actually be health and cap compliant at the same time.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
i think if vancouver goes 2-0 in regulation they will have the RW tiebreaker on vegas so since vegas is up 3 they can lose in OT/SO to STL and vancouver will still overtake them.

if Vancouver goes intoOT on either game vegas has second tie breaker in order If they get 1 pt.

Vsncover 4 vegas 0 is absolute.

Van 3 Vegas 0 16 is vegas
Van 4 vegas 1 van is 16 only if both areRW otherwise 16 is vegas

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm just ecstatic that the pick is 99.5% going to be 16th overall instead of what most of us predicted with a range of 29-32. To put it differently, what would you have to add to the 30th pick to move up to 16? Two seconds and a player? Another 1st+? It really is like getting a bonus asset or two from the deal.

Reactions: billsandsabres

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
1651169624642.png

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Been to Vegas quite a few times for work and a couple of times for a little entertainment. It always struck me as a (tinsel) town that embraces the new and novel and exciting (meaning successful). But always needed a booster injection of creativity and life. The same old show just doesn't play endlessly to a full house.

So once Bettman's (Batman's?) glory baby in the desert becomes ordinary and mundane, what happens to the crowds when the enthusiasm wears off?

Rhetorical question. But when its all said and done, it does indeed appear that Gerard Gallant is one hell of a coach......

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm just ecstatic that the pick is 99.5% going to be 16th overall instead of what most of us predicted with a range of 29-32. To put it differently, what would you have to add to the 30th pick to move up to 16? Two seconds and a player? Another 1st+? It really is like getting a bonus asset or two from the deal.
At last year's draft Detroit moved up from 23 to 15 for an additional 2nd (47th) and a 5th.

So value-wise it would probably be 30th plus the Florida 1st (let's say 32) to move up to 16.

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Interesting with Dallas trading down to 23.

Selected Wyatt Johnston - ranked #40 by Bob McKenzie, so they knew they could trade down to get their guy.

124 points in 68 OHL games this season. Dallas has signed him to his ELC.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Been to Vegas quite a few times for work and a couple of times for a little entertainment. It always struck me as a (tinsel) town that embraces the new and novel and exciting (meaning successful). But always needed a booster injection of creativity and life. The same old show just doesn't play endlessly to a full house.

So once Bettman's (Batman's?) glory baby in the desert becomes ordinary and mundane, what happens to the crowds when the enthusiasm wears off?

Rhetorical question. But when its all said and done, it does indeed appear that Gerard Gallant is one hell of a coach......
Super VGK fan Daniel Negreanu (poker fame) was on WGR the other night. He was all fired up and pissed off at the VGK management.

His list of grievances were long: treatment of MAF, firing Gallant, treatment of Lehner and the way they traded other players over the years.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I remember when the team was in the process of founding he was trying very hard to be a minority owner of the team, but it obviously didn't work out for one reason or another.

Daniel Negreanu was on After the Whistle earlier in the season. Worth a listen.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Firing Gallant was such a weird move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad