Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You mean tank for a few years on top of the previous tank then end up with two grand slams on trades you should have lost? Not sure that's how he envisioned it. Course none of it matters if MacKinnon ends up developing like Yakupov or Nugent-Hopkins instead of how he did.
Yeah let's put some perspective to it. Prior to his trades being money he was being laughed at and was looking like he was on his way to the chopping block.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
2 games for Reaves? I wasn't really watching things as they happened and glanced at the replay without really studying it. But based on the magnitude of reaction it seems like the consensus is another miscarriage of DOPS justice? :dunno:

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Toronto proving why a complete teardown isn't always the answer. Has there been a single team of this last group of teams that has managed to do anything?

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Goaltending and defence have been holding them back for so long. We might complain about always having and drafting great defenders and goaltenders while not having enough offence but I guess it just goes to show that the grass is always greener on the other side

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Goaltending and defence have been holding them back for so long. We might complain about always having and drafting great defenders and goaltenders while not having enough offence but I guess it just goes to show that the grass is always greener on the other side

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
And just like that none of the top 16 paid skaters are in the playoffs anymore. You would expect the top paid “best” players to perform to a certain level and by extension the team they’re on, but I suppose this is the cap world.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Montreal vs Winnipeg's winner goes to winner of Vegas vs Colorado.

tenor.gif

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

I called this when they signed Tavares. They had a decent forward group already but lacked defense. They continuously forked out big bucks for their star forwards and handcuffed themselves even more on the back end. Could have added a couple of solid defenders instead of giving Tavares $11M

Reactions: Tysonson3

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I called this when they signed Tavares. They had a decent forward group already but lacked defense. They continuously forked out big bucks for their star forwards and handcuffed themselves even more on the back end. Could have added a couple of solid defenders instead of giving Tavares $11M
We could always help them out! Ellis for marner and we won’t look back!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well the Leafs do have about $12M cap space this summer.

With about 10 roster spots to fill. :eek2:
And that's the main reason they get beat. Edmonton and Toronto are the poster child's for why just having great talent isn't all that it takes.

The other humorous part, Nylander, the guy they are constantly wanting to get rid of, was the only one of the big 3 to do anything.

I look for Toronto to clean house this offseason. The way that roster is built can't work and the current GM is directly responsible for that. They need a goalie and some Dmen as well as a few guys for some depth.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
f***ing love it, the Leafs and the Oilers going home early. But it also makes me sick that a team like Florida or Minnesota got eliminated in Round 1 and there's freaking Montreal in Round 2.

So glad we're going back to original divisions next year..

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I watched that Game 7, and there is no doubt in my mind that hockey is a good notch below what was going on in our division. Those teams would have been absolutely manhandled by TB, Carolina, Colorado types of teams.

And I have to admit... Shea really does look about done. They still played him a lot of minutes, but it was fairly painful to watch him. :(

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad