Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They were not better at all. Binnington saved them, as usual.
Last I checked goalies counted as well (and Binnington has been fine, but nothing spectacular this series). Blues have done a great job containing the Bruins' first line at even strength and scoring timely goals. Even up the nearly 3-to-1 PP disparity and this series is probably already over.

That said, I think Boston somehow takes the next two.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Last I checked goalies counted as well (and Binnington has been fine, but nothing spectacular this series). Blues have done a great job containing the Bruins' first line at even strength and scoring timely goals. Even up the nearly 3-to-1 PP disparity and this series is already over.

Of course they count but you said the Blues have been the better team. Last I checked the goalie is one player out of 19 that suits up and when that one player is clearly the reason the team won, you can't say the Blues have been the better team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Of course they count but you said the Blues have been the better team. Last I checked the goalie is one player out of 19 that suits up and when that one player is clearly the reason the team won, you can't say the Blues have been the better team.
I think they have outside of the parade to the penalty box in a few games. Binnington has played well and all but the defense has also mostly put him in a position to succeed. Blues went into a shell tonight but it didn't feel like they were in danger aside from a couple of scrambles. Rask also had a few fortunate saves that kept the game tight.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That kind of non-call is one of the reasons I somewhat dislike the playoffs. We watch an entire regular season of hockey get played one way and then crap like that doesn't get called. It wasn't even borderline and it was right in front of the official.

As a fan I have no idea what the rules are in the playoffs. It has to be even more frustrating for the players.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Blues can win, f***'em both but thee Blues might go into cap hell inn the off-season. 18 million in cap yes, but the list of UFAs and RFAs... IF a bunch of vets retire then ignore the above.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Blues can win, ****'em both but thee Blues might go into cap hell inn the off-season. 18 million in cap yes, but the list of UFAs and RFAs... IF a bunch of vets retire then ignore the above.
I'm not seeing any cap hell for them... their biggest contracts are just $7.5M for O'Reilly and Tarasenko and just $6.5M and $5.5M for Pietrangelo and Parayko, so they are sitting pretty. $18M in room is enough to sign all of those depthier FAs they have coming up... Barbashev, Sundqvist, Fabbri, Blais, Maroon, Edmundson, nobody is getting big money there. Even Binnington maybe $4M at most? They should have room to spare. Alas. :(

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm not seeing any cap hell for them... their biggest contracts are just $7.5M for O'Reilly and Tarasenko and just $6.5M and $5.5M for Pietrangelo and Parayko, so they are sitting pretty. $18M in room is enough to sign all of those depthier FAs they have coming up... Barbashev, Sundqvist, Fabbri, Blais, Maroon, Edmundson, nobody is getting big money there. Even Binnington maybe $4M at most? They should have room to spare. Alas. :(

Plot twist. Duchene to the Blues. Preds stay as/is.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

we shall see.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Took a peek at the other Central division forums. Nobody is cheering for the Blues. :laugh:

They shouldn't but that guy for the Athletic did a team by team breakdown on who fans should root for in the Finals and he said that Preds fans should be rooting for the Blues. Like, seriously, f*** that guy. The Athletic is garbage and I can't wait to cancel my subscription.

Reactions: PredsV82

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
They shouldn't but that guy for the Athletic did a team by team breakdown on who fans should root for in the Finals and he said that Preds fans should be rooting for the Blues. Like, seriously, **** that guy. The Athletic is garbage and I can't wait to cancel my subscription.
Who are you talking about specifically? I enjoy the Athletic. You don't really get the in depth stories they do from anywhere else.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Who are you talking about specifically? I enjoy the Athletic. You don't really get the in depth stories they do from anywhere else.

McIndoe

Nashville Predators

The Blues are a division rival, but not one that the Predators have had all that much beef with aside from one playoff matchup a few years ago that Nashville won. Plus you can’t love P.K. Subban but cheer for the Bruins. It’s kind of a thing.

Down Goes Brown: A Stanley Cup final rooting guide for every...

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Another idiot who knows nothing about the subject hes writing about. I'm sure his whole slant is based on the Subban angle

That was the whole thing, so yeah, Subban and apparently we aren't big rivals because we only played each other once in the playoffs not seeming to realize there was plenty of hate on both sides during that series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad