Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Winnipeg just got a goal where the refs blew the whistle as the puck was crossing the line, so the apparently the situation room had them review it and they call it a good goal.

Eat ***t NHL.
Seems like a case where intent to blow should have actually been used.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Jets are now 2-6 last 8 games. 4 of the losses to the Avs and Senators.

Anyone still acting like they are some unbeatable juggernaut are crazy.

The division is there for the taking

Reactions: mackelroy

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
6 goals in the second betweenStars and Blues..

Very nice to see Binnington get lit up

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Went from :nod: to :scared: in the space of a few minutes on this one. :D

So what can you tell me about the prospects the jackets gave up? Who would the be roughly equivalent to in the Preds? Did the jackets give up their Tolvanen/Fabbro or more like Trenin/Dougherty?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So Nick Jensen and a 5th just got Madison Bowey and a 2nd and holy God stay away from this market, Poile.

Teams paying a premium to get the players they want now rather than risk being out bid monday.

Gonna be some bargains left after all the big boys are gone.

Gonna be interesting to see if the Jackets trade Panarin to recoup some of the assets they gave up or just keep everyone and go all in

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So what can you tell me about the prospects the jackets gave up? Who would the be roughly equivalent to in the Preds? Did the jackets give up their Tolvanen/Fabbro or more like Trenin/Dougherty?
The parallel I used in the deadline thread here was Trenin/Carrier, so, yeah, not far off from that second option. :)

Abramov is a major boom-or-bust type; if he makes it he'll be something of a puck wizard, but he'll have to make it first. Davidsson is almost certainly an NHLer, and could make it to the second line but is a little more likely to be a bottom-6 type.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Teams paying a premium to get the players they want now rather than risk being out bid monday.

Gonna be interesting to see if the Jackets trade Panarin to recoup some of the assets they gave up or just keep everyone and go all in

I could see Poile just sitting back and waiting for a cheap middle 6 forward to fall in his lap.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Signing Duchene makes me think the Jackets hold onto Panarin and try to make a run. Screw it ... try to win it all ... things are lining up for the attempt.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Some folks up here think he will, but the consensus seems to be that it'll happen only if he gets a big-time return, and that otherwise we're All In.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So Nick Jensen and a 5th just got Madison Bowey and a 2nd and holy God stay away from this market, Poile.
And a brand new shiny 10 million dollar, 4 year extension. That didn't take long. Just chiming in.
Heard Preds are looking to acquire BOTH Zuccharello and Hayes......what are you hearing? No way, Rangers shouldn't be trading BOTH to one team......get more separately. Usually.
Zuccha is hot in Calgary.......makes sense......Flames, get it?

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
And a brand new shiny 10 million dollar, 4 year extension. That didn't take long. Just chiming in.
Heard Preds are looking to acquire BOTH Zuccharello and Hayes......what are you hearing. Now way, Rangers should be trading BOTH to one team......get more separately. Usually.
Zuccha is hot in Calgary.......makes sense......Flames, get it?
i see you think hayes is worth fabbro +_____+______ ... assuming a 1st and another prospect so hayes for fabbro 1st round pick and a mid level prospect. holy cow. i don't want to know what both would cost. not overly impressed with either.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
if we were to trade Fabbro, we'd need to add another defenseman imo, cause I don't want to see Irwin on the ice during the playoffs if someone gets hurt

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
i see you think hayes is worth fabbro +_____+______ ... assuming a 1st and another prospect so hayes for fabbro 1st round pick and a mid level prospect. holy cow. i don't want to know what both would cost. not overly impressed with either.
There's not even a need for both. Another top 6 pushes Smith to 3rd line with Sissons and Bonino. That puts Jarnkrok, Boyle, Hartman, Grimaldi in the mix for the 4th. Congested enough as is unless we start trading forwards out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad