Around the NHL 2018-19, Part 7: RIP Your Playoff Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Or that they kind of botched the Thornton deal. Maybe a good organization can overcome it by identifying their core, getting them signed to good deals, and building from within. Hell, they even are viewed as having botched three first rounders and yet they still manage to churn on.
And Chicago drafted Cam Barker, Kyle Beach and Skille with high picks. The Kings struck out huge on Hickey, Teubert, and Forbort and still win multiple cups. But both those teams found gold after those failed picks, had a good coach and ripped a few teams off in trades.

I'm hoping Alex Nylander is our Jack Skille and we can look back in a few years and laugh at how many more cups we could have won.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I really love Berube's method of using his blueline to re-establish the cycle. He doesn't have them pounding pucks into legs, he has them laying it into the boards so that the forwards can get to work low. And they buy in. They cycle so well. I can count on one hand the number of times any Blue has moved himself and the puck toward the blueline from the half-wall at even strength. It goes back deep, and then they support one another.

Guys like Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Parakyo and Dunn more often than not are actively involved in the forecheck and cycle and can be found at or even below the hashmarks along the boards. Its actually fun ( or frustrating depending on your allegiances) to watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad