NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 III - Seattle will become 32nd NHL Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not even a Bruins or marchand fan but during Roberts time with the Leafs wasnt there a player named "sideshow bob" on his team? Darcy F'N Tucker. Now I loved Tucker cuz I like that style of play but I wonder if he'd say the same thing with Tucker next to him. He was way dirtier.

I was going to say, anyone who was a teammate of Darcy Tucker should just STFU about Marchand.

Yeah, I despised Tucker for the same reasons I don't like Marchand, and didn't like Linseman, Tikkanen, Theo Fleury & Avery.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wow. I'm afraid to think what goes through someone's mind when they do something like that.

The sad part is usually the kids are better behaved than the parents.

I'm hearing the kid got a year suspension and a misdemeanor charge.:dunno:

Two years ago a friend of mines son got punched in the head when he was walking out of the locker room, by an opposing players father. Supposedly he was upset because his boy got checked during the game.:shakehead

I've seen parents actually climb over the boards at the penalty box and attach the Civilian in the box because their kid got a penalty. Unbelievable!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Tampa's defense is suspect. Theyve given up more chances to the Leafs in 10 minutes than the Bruins did in any game vs the Leafs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tampa's defense is suspect. Theyve given up more chances to the Leafs in 10 minutes than the Bruins did in any game vs the Leafs.

They had a sloppy period and still tied.I notice when Tampa breaks out they move puck to centre of own zone alot off the boards .Kurcherov got burned once but man that team is skilled If your not smart picking up trailer you will get torched .

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Former referee Paul Stewart wants women officiating in NHL - The Boston Globe

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Paul Stewart has a very big goal for the next stage of his already lengthy hockey career, and that’s helping women follow in his footsteps by officiating in the NHL.
Stewart, at his induction Wednesday night into the US Hockey Hall of Fame, said Westfield native Katie Guay will be working the upcoming Beanpot tournament in Boston after being an official at the 2018 Winter Olympics. Stewart, the Dorchester native who refereed 1,010 NHL regular-season games, 49 Stanley Cup playoff games and two NHL All-Star Games, says he had a small part in helping Guay.

‘‘I want to see someone break that glass ceiling,’’ Stewart said. ‘‘It doesn’t take an X or Y chromosome to put your arm in the air and call a penalty. It only takes brains and guts. And that’s it. My next goal is to have lots of great women officiating.’’

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Leafs had 5 powerplays and yes Tampa goalie was huge but that defence was blocking shots to a man.Tampa does not need much time and room to change a game fast.Sleep on them for 5 mins and game could be over.Leafs are done tonite.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Paul Stewart has a very big goal for the next stage of his already lengthy hockey career, and that’s helping women follow in his footsteps by officiating in the NHL.
Stewart, at his induction Wednesday night into the US Hockey Hall of Fame, said Westfield native Katie Guay will be working the upcoming Beanpot tournament in Boston after being an official at the 2018 Winter Olympics. Stewart, the Dorchester native who refereed 1,010 NHL regular-season games, 49 Stanley Cup playoff games and two NHL All-Star Games, says he had a small part in helping Guay.

‘‘I want to see someone break that glass ceiling,’’ Stewart said. ‘‘It doesn’t take an X or Y chromosome to put your arm in the air and call a penalty. It only takes brains and guts. And that’s it. My next goal is to have lots of great women officiating.’’

I do not care what gender the ref is as long as fair.I can see the male refs there now however not wanting them there for fear of jobs being lost among them.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Fine with it. Get the best to call the game right regardless

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The scary thing about Tampa is the depth. Guys like Gourde, Cirelli, Killorn and Palat are so much better than the Bruins depth.

But tbh, their defense might be seriously overrated.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The scary thing about Tampa is the depth. Guys like Gourde, Cirelli, Killorn and Palat are so much better than the Bruins depth.

But tbh, their defense might be seriously overrated.

I look at it a different way.You need to make them dump the puck in at blue line and watch tons of film on them and buy into it to a man.They have alot of tendancies that they repeat so you need to stay diligent in plan vs them.Leafs slept on them for like 3 mins and 2-1 to 4-1 in a blink.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Boston Bruins’ TD Garden

On May 9, 2016, inspectors found a buildup of "food soils" at the location including in a floor drain and food particles on a floor. The inspection also noted pest control recommendations that were not addressed. Live birds were observed in open areas in close proximity to the kitchen where foods were prepared and served. At another location on the same day, inspectors observed a live pigeon near food preparation.

In an inspection on July 27, 2017, inspectors observed crumbs on the floor, mice droppings, and a pizza left out overnight on top of the pizza oven

I’m surprised the pigeons haven’t gotten into the rink at this point. When I used to commute into North Station for work every day, there sometimes seemed like there were more of them than people at rush hour.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Tampa's depth is scary. All their lines can play with so much pace and skill.

Their defense looked really bad. They struggle with a heavy forecheck and pinching.

Hedman looked terrible.

Segatchev is not good but Cernak is a beast.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site

How the hell would they keep up?

They gunna make a rule to slow the game down so this can happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad