NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 III - Seattle will become 32nd NHL Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
NHL legend Gary Roberts talks about making a comeback just to pummel Brad Marchand

Marchand just not getting into current leafs heads but also Old leafs.:laugh:

“I would love to come back for a few shifts against Brad Marchand.”

“Listen, that guy, and I’ll be honest, love the way he plays 100%, but I don’t like the sideshow stuff that he does. And I don’t think there’s a place for that in the game. So if someone is allowed to act like that on the ice, then someone should be allowed to do something about it.”

OFFS!!! Roberts, stick to your training regimen. What do you hope to gain by drawing attention to the "antics?"

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
NHL legend Gary Roberts talks about making a comeback just to pummel Brad Marchand

“Listen, that guy, and I’ll be honest, love the way he plays 100%, but I don’t like the sideshow stuff that he does. And I don’t think there’s a place for that in the game. So if someone is allowed to act like that on the ice, then someone should be allowed to do something about it.”

I agree with him 100 pct. sadly not the same league anymore. Marchand can handle himself through so atleast he will back it up.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

Calling Gary Roberts an "NHL Legend" might be stretching the truth a bit

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Not even a Bruins or marchand fan but during Roberts time with the Leafs wasnt there a player named "sideshow bob" on his team? Darcy F'N Tucker. Now I loved Tucker cuz I like that style of play but I wonder if he'd say the same thing with Tucker next to him. He was way dirtier.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Not even a Bruins or marchand fan but during Roberts time with the Leafs wasnt there a player named "sideshow bob" on his team? Darcy F'N Tucker. Now I loved Tucker cuz I like that style of play but I wonder if he'd say the same thing with Tucker next to him. He was way dirtier.

and Tie Domi

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I agree with him 100 pct. sadly not the same league anymore. Marchand can handle himself through so atleast he will back it up.

Not directly to your point but these guys are getting smaller and smaller.

Krug, Marchand, and Grizz really aren't that undersized anymore and all are short guys I remember at first glance thinking how small all were when they broke in but I sat in good seats Tuesday and none of them any longer stick out as being small. Part of that is they've added muscle mass and hit the gym but its mostly due to the guys around them not being large dudes. In the 80s or 90s they'd stick out like sore thumbs for being tiny.

It is what it is. I always enjoyed watching quick smaller players. I just think with the average size of an NHLer shrinking rapidly there can be no excuse for soft play from a guy like Donato once hes had a year in the league. Especially in the playoffs.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Lol that’s who I thought of right off the bat. Dude was unhinged on his best day

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
NHL merchandise pulled from stores due to 'blatant cultural appropriation'

main_resized_730x380_5c12aedf2b339_292404.jpg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Boston Bruins’ TD Garden

On May 9, 2016, inspectors found a buildup of "food soils" at the location including in a floor drain and food particles on a floor. The inspection also noted pest control recommendations that were not addressed. Live birds were observed in open areas in close proximity to the kitchen where foods were prepared and served. At another location on the same day, inspectors observed a live pigeon near food preparation.

In an inspection on July 27, 2017, inspectors observed crumbs on the floor, mice droppings, and a pizza left out overnight on top of the pizza oven

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad