NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Carolina finally breaks through and makes the playoffs this year. Still need goal tending help, but should be enough to get in

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thoughts on this? Hit was clean. Slam was 100% dirty and uncalled for.

WWE quality slam right there. Pathetic to do that after you get embarrassed with some sweet moves. Love the hit in response, but yeah the slam was ridiculous. Hopefully he gets some games for that trash.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hit looked ok, but no need to slam him down. I hope somebody on the Canucks responded.

They did not. Pettersson most likely concusssed. Since injury matters have to think he gets something since it was retaliatory due to Pettersson embarrassing Matheson.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
They did not. Pettersson most likely concusssed. Since injury matters have to think he gets something since it was retaliatory due to Pettersson embarrassing Matheson.

Yeah Matheson gets a 2 or 3 game suspension. You'd think someone on the Canucks would've gone after him, perhaps when the Panthers visit Vancouver.

jdz

May 22, 2013
WWE quality slam right there. Pathetic to do that after you get embarrassed with some sweet moves. Love the hit in response, but yeah the slam was ridiculous. Hopefully he gets some games for that trash.

Yeah, that slam was dirty. Poor kid was definitely messed up in the head. :(

Hit looked ok, but no need to slam him down. I hope somebody on the Canucks responded.

No response from the Canucks but I'm sure there will be a response from the league.

The slam was a dirty play by Matheson who was obviously pissed after being dangled.

At the same time though, this is a risk you take with 19 year old kids from Europe skating onto NHL ice and thinking they can play like its a beer league back home. There is something to be said for protecting yourself and having your head on a swivel and Pettersson was just not protecting himself. He's not in Sweden anymore.

It doesn't excuse what Matheson did whatsoever, but there are going to be 3rd and 4th liners looking to wipe that kid out at every opportunity. He has to be ready.

Reactions: Tmac37

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Just finished watching Stars vs Ducks. Great game, love the atmosphere in their (Dallas) building. Dallas with 51 shots.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov line is off the charts as well. Radulov is a very special player, sort of super skilled grinder, working hard around the boards, plays his heart out, very passionate. There are some players who constantly produce more points but almost every one of his assists belongs to the highlights videos, great style.

Glad he's off the habs, so i can like him again.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Random observation: the Sharks road whites are just about the only white jerseys I like.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Just finished watching Stars vs Ducks. Great game, love the atmosphere in their (Dallas) building. Dallas with 51 shots.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov line is off the charts as well. Radulov is a very special player, sort of super skilled grinder, working hard around the boards, plays his heart out, very passionate. There are some players who constantly produce more points but almost every one of his assists belongs to the highlights videos, great style.

Glad he's off the habs, so i can like him again.
I'm with you on Radulov. I try to catch a lot of Stars games since I still enjoy watching Seguin, and have always enjoyed watching Radulov, even when he was a dirty Hab. Still perplexes me why Bergevin let him get away. Dude is a force.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm with you on Radulov. I try to catch a lot of Stars games since I still enjoy watching Seguin, and have always enjoyed watching Radulov, even when he was a dirty Hab. Still perplexes me why Bergevin let him get away. Dude is a force.
Well to be fair, if it was anyone other than Bergevin, I might be perplexed. But that seems par for the course for that guy. :laugh:

Reactions: missingchicklet

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Thought the Devils might regress a bit, and yes it’s early but they look very good. A different team it seems when MoJo is healthy. Palmieri with three straight two goal gamez

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
....At the same time though, this is a risk you take with 19 year old kids from Europe skating onto NHL ice and thinking they can play like its a beer league back home. There is something to be said for protecting yourself and having your head on a swivel and Pettersson was just not protecting himself. He's not in Sweden anymore..
I think that’s a bit harsh. The kid was trying to move the puck along the boards and he turned into the hit, didn’t turn his back to it. Don’t know what else he should have done. Took a hit to make a play. I respect that.

It’s not like he was skating between the dots with his head down or anything.

I think Matheson should get 2 games for that. Hit was clean, but that slam was clear intent to injure IMO.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
No response from the Canucks but I'm sure there will be a response from the league.

The slam was a dirty play by Matheson who was obviously pissed after being dangled.

At the same time though, this is a risk you take with 19 year old kids from Europe skating onto NHL ice and thinking they can play like its a beer league back home. There is something to be said for protecting yourself and having your head on a swivel and Pettersson was just not protecting himself. He's not in Sweden anymore.

It doesn't excuse what Matheson did whatsoever, but there are going to be 3rd and 4th liners looking to wipe that kid out at every opportunity. He has to be ready.

Matheson knew who it was and that is was a fresh kid. Wanted to be the guy who "taught the kid what playing in the NHL is."

Toss him into the dungeon Mr. Parros!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad