Around the NHL 2015-16, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
People still bringing up Janmark and Jarnkrok huh? I understand they were lost for basically nothing but I have no clue why people keep bringing up these career bottom 6ers.

Janmark was traded a year ago.
Calle was traded 2 years ago.

Let it go guys. No need to lose sleep over/keep discussing career bottom 6ers.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lando yet. After that nice little start he's back to producing nothing on the 4th line. Same as Janmark and Jarnkrok. A nice 5 game stretch, and then back to being just another bottom 6er/4th liner.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
People still bringing up Janmark and Jarnkrok huh? I understand they were lost for basically nothing but I have no clue why people keep bringing up these career bottom 6ers.

Janmark was traded a year ago.
Calle was traded 2 years ago.

Let it go guys. No need to lose sleep over/keep discussing career bottom 6ers.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lando yet. After that nice little start he's back to producing nothing on the 4th line. Same as Janmark and Jarnkrok. A nice 5 game stretch, and then back to being just another bottom 6er/4th liner.

I'm not losing sleep, just curious to look up and see how an old fling is doing. You've never looked up an ex on facebook? If you say no you're either lying, too old for FB or don't have any exes.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
I'm not losing sleep, just curious to look up and see how an old fling is doing. You've never looked up an ex on facebook? If you say no you're either lying, too old for FB or don't have any exes.

Fair enough, I've done that before. Only once or twice though and I don't keep bringing them up every chance I get. I'm more of a fan of cutting ties and moving on with my life. Fans should do the same with these players. It seems that people continue to bring up these players monthly or during the trade deadline. Holland definitely messed up with these players, but like I said I don't really care much about bottom 6ers.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Yzerman failing to trade him in a timely manner has turned this into a circus. I don't think Yzerman is a good GM.

I'm fully on Yzerman's side in this (and not for obvious reasons). Drouin is under contract, a contract signed of his own free will. Yzerman has have right to hold out for the right move for Tampa Bay. If another team offers a good deal, Yzerman will take it.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm fully on Yzerman's side in this (and not for obvious reasons). Drouin is under contract, a contract signed of his own free will. Yzerman has have right to hold out for the right move for Tampa Bay. If another team offers a good deal, Yzerman will take it.

Sure, but Yzerman handled it wrong. He shot himself in the foot and won't ever get the return on Drouin that he's hoping for. Yzerman has allowed this to turn into a circus by not acting swiftly.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Sure, but Yzerman handled it wrong. He shot himself in the foot and won't ever get the return on Drouin that he's hoping for. Yzerman has allowed this to turn into a circus by not acting swiftly.

only one person at the end of the day cares one iota if drouin ever plays in the nhl and makes millions upon millions of dollars, and that guys name isnt steve

if i were yzerman i would let him rot for an entire season just like ottawa did with yashin and that eventually worked out in ottawas favour(spezza and chara)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

And immediately giving into his demands? Nah.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If Drouin doesn't report and Yzerman doesn't trade him, can his contract be rolled over?

tampa can toll his contract and thus try to save this year of his ELC.

that would make him UFA in 2022 (2021 if he plays couple of games this season) and have 2 years on his ELC.

whether it works is different but they would have pretty strong case if he doesn't report this season.

good link here, TSN legal expert writing:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmac...ay-from-the-tampa-bay-lightning/#5b4cec391b66

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
And immediately giving into his demands? Nah.

It's less about giving into his demands and more about ridding yourself of bad apples and team distractions.

The object of the game is to make your team better. Trading him in a timely manner before all this had to go public would have been in Stevie's best interest for two reasons; 1) he gets rid of a troublesome personality. 2) get more trade value out of said player before this fiasco blew up and went public.

Instead of making this all personal and getting vindictive, he should have just rid himself of the trouble and traded him for quality assets while he had the chance. Now SY is stuck with a wasted 3rd overall pick/player on suspension with nothing to show for it. Yzerman lost a very important asset (3rd overall pick) because he wanted to play "hard ball" with some immature child.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
You are just assuming there were quality assets available and he was doing it just to spile him. Come on. He is a businessman. He isn't hurting his own team by purposefully ignoring the concept of a trade.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
It's less about giving into his demands and more about ridding yourself of bad apples and team distractions.

The object of the game is to make your team better. Trading him in a timely manner before all this had to go public would have been in Stevie's best interest for two reasons; 1) he gets rid of a troublesome personality. 2) get more trade value out of said player before this fiasco blew up and went public.

Instead of making this all personal and getting vindictive, he should have just rid himself of the trouble and traded him for quality assets while he had the chance. Now SY is stuck with a wasted 3rd overall pick/player on suspension with nothing to show for it. Yzerman lost a very important asset (3rd overall pick) because he wanted to play "hard ball" with some immature child.

Don't normally see eye to eye with you or Actual Thought but I agree with you guys on this. Trade should've happened sometime before the trade went public. I doubt Drouin cares about his perceived value, he just wants to go to a new team so he can play, put up points, and cash a big paycheck. Sure his brand/reputation has taken a hit lately BUT I think Yzermans has taken a larger hit.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Don't normally see eye to eye with you or Actual Thought but I agree with you guys on this. Trade should've happened sometime before the trade went public. I doubt Drouin cares about his perceived value, he just wants to go to a new team so he can play, put up points, and cash a big paycheck. Sure his brand/reputation has taken a hit lately BUT I think Yzermans has taken a larger hit.

yzerman had told him and everyone that he won't be traded until he gets 'equal value', a deal that makes sense for tampa bay lightning.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
yzerman had told him and everyone that he won't be traded until he gets 'equal value', a deal that makes sense for tampa bay lightning.

That's on Yzerman for wasting his #3 on a headcase prospect. Yzerman made an error in judgement and picked him, he should understand that he failed and just write it off as a loss and try to mitigated the damages the best that he could and traded him. Now Drouin is worth essentially nothing.

Yzerman failed and instead of chalking it up as a loss, he let his pride get in the way and completely ruined any return he could have possibly have had.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Yzerman will get value for him. If he is worth little now that isn't going to change in the next few weeks. I don't understand the mentality to just get rid of him because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad