Around The NHL - 2014 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So does Boudreau go back to Anderson or keep Hiller in net for game 7? (Can't see him turning to Gibson given his limited NHL experience, even if he is the future).

EDIT: Just jinxed them. OT here we come! 2 extra-attacker goals!

Last edited:

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Posted this on the main board, but figured I'd throw it here as well:

I can't help but wonder if the refs screwed up or if the dual "roughing" penalties were purely just a bit of serendipitous luck for the Ducks.

We've all seen it happen before where a fight doesn't necessarily take off and the refs hand out roughing, but it would've been a lot tougher for the Ducks to come back in this one had it been 5-on-5 instead of 4-on-4. With the goalie pulled, the Ducks essentially had the power play for the entirety of the minors.

Anyway, here's the rule straight from the online PDF. Any thoughts?

Rule 46 - Fighting
46.1 Fighting – A fight shall be deemed to have occurred when at least
one player punches or attempts to punch an opponent repeatedly or
when two players wrestle in such a manner as to make it difficult for
the Linesmen to intervene and separate the combatants.
The Referees are provided very wide latitude in the penalties with
which they may impose under this rule. This is done intentionally to
enable them to differentiate between the obvious degrees of
responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or
persisting in continuing

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Posted this on the main board, but figured I'd throw it here as well:

I can't help but wonder if the refs screwed up or if the dual "roughing" penalties were purely just a bit of serendipitous luck for the Ducks.

We've all seen it happen before where a fight doesn't necessarily take off and the refs hand out roughing, but it would've been a lot tougher for the Ducks to come back in this one had it been 5-on-5 instead of 4-on-4. With the goalie pulled, the Ducks essentially had the power play for the entirety of the minors.

Anyway, here's the rule straight from the online PDF. Any thoughts?

Fine with the call on the ice, but I agree it helped the Ducks for obvious reasons.

Lucky for them. For sure.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two things have greatly inhibited my playoff viewing -- my wife's laptop crapped out and with it went the VPN client (can not install on my work device) so every game on NBC is blocked on Game Center. I could watch more when I was living in CR. :biglaugh: No VPN & no NBC Sports on my cable package... bleh.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If you aren't rooting for the jackets, quote this so I can flex the ignore feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad