Around the NHL - 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't mind the shootout personally. I think 3v3 is gonna be dumb. Players will be tired and make stupid mistakes, gonne be a run and gun kinda OT which will favor certain teams. Eh

Shootout or 3on3 is the same in my book. Still going to be a "skills" contest. The 3on3 would be interesting to see if teams would put "slow" players out on the ice. I imagine a 3on3 of Eichel/Domi/OEL...yeah, that'd be nice to see in action.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
All I know is the first season of a 3-3 rule would be hilarious. Teams heavier on D going 1 C + 2D and forward heavy teams trying 2F+1D or even 3F. Is it better to try and turtle and last to OT for the point anyway or play as normal and try to maintain possession? The match up differences especially wiil play into it. Imagine say Nashville vs Pittsburgh.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
There are actually breakaways and penalty shots in hockey, 3v3 not so much. For people who complain shootouts arent hockey, I think 3v3 is worse...

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
FastBoilingHarrier.gif

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
**** that's nasty. Wouldn't expect anything less from the Kings, though. Definitely a suspension coming up.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Just as bad are listening to many of the Kings Fans saying Burrows deserved this. :shakehead Nobody deserves that and I'm glad Burrows didn't get a career ending injury for it despite what his past is about.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm fine with 3-on-3, shootout, whatever. Literally anything beats a tie.
That's how I feel. I don't think I'll ever understand those who argue against the shootout. I mean it only happens because the teams couldn't solve **** in 65 minutes of game play. The best counter argument I've heard of is the near mythical hyper competitive contest that in reality occurs about as often as a blue moon.

Personally I think the anti-shootout crowd should instead focus their efforts on eliminating the loser point. 2 points for a regulation/OT win. 1 point for a shootout win. Done.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Personally I think the anti-shootout crowd should instead focus their efforts on eliminating the loser point. 2 points for a regulation/OT win. 1 point for a shootout win. Done.

3 point games.

3 points for a regulation win.

2 points for an overtime win.

1 point for a shootout win.

No points to the loser.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
At a recent Maple Leafs game.

CA09sVkWgAATFNP.jpg:large

I wish you wouldn't do that - didn't some clown from up North (and you know where) post empty Jobbing.com arena photos on HF, including one where the scoreboard showed it was 17 minutes or so BEFORE puck drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad