Around the NHL - 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just posted this in another thread -- Boston trades Boychuk to NYI for 2nds in 2015 and 2016, plus a conditional 3rd in 2015.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Islanders have also acquired Nick Leddy in exchange for Ville Pokka, T.J. Brennan, and Anders Nilsson.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Winnipeg makes its first player-for-player trade acquiring Budaj from MTL.

Also, Anaheim has waived Jason LaBarbera.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
From Twitter:

Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 4h4 hours ago
Wojtek Wolski, now playing for #Torpedo, just scored a natural hat-trick in 1 min 46 sec, setting up new #KHL record

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
From Twitter:

Wojtek Wolski, now playing for #Torpedo, just scored a natural hat-trick in 1 min 46 sec, setting up new #KHL record

That's pretty impressive. Especially in a league as solid as the KHL. He was immensely talented. Too bad he didn't have his head screwed on straight.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
From Twitter:

Oh what could have been. I still remember where I was when we acquired him from Colorado. I was sitting in 10th grade history class and received the text on my phone. Excitement ensued.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
TSN's Projections:

Chicago
St. Louis
Dallas
-----
Minnesota (WC)
Colorado (WC)
Nashville
Winnipeg

Los Angeles
Anaheim
San Jose
-----
Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Calgary

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
TSN's Projections:

Chicago
St. Louis
Dallas
-----
Minnesota (WC)
Colorado (WC)
Nashville
Winnipeg

Los Angeles
Anaheim
San Jose
-----
Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Calgary

Pacific looks about right but I'd flip Edmonton and Calgary. I don't agree at all with the Central.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
TSN's Projections:

Chicago
St. Louis
Dallas
-----
Minnesota (WC)
Colorado (WC)
Nashville
Winnipeg

Los Angeles
Anaheim
San Jose
-----
Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Calgary

Lol, they literally picked the exact same teams as last year, in almost the same order. I've noticed almost every major sports outlet does this before a new season starts.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Amazing! The one season most Coyotes Fans want the Coyotes to be picked dead last in the NHL and we can't even get that. :laugh:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I think Anaheim tops LA. ANA is legit this year.

Addition of Kesler and Heatley. Heater is arguably done but I think he's gonna tear it up with Getz and Perry.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Anaheim tops LA. ANA is legit this year.

Addition of Kesler and Heatley. Heater is arguably done but I think he's gonna tear it up with Getz and Perry.

Heatley's already torn up his groin. On the IR.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger to join NBC

NBC’s NHL coverage got a significant boost on Wednesday with news that hockey insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger would join the network as contributors...

...McKenzie and Dreger are both well known for their work on Canadian sports network TSN, and regarded as two of the most insightful and dialed-in reporters in the hockey industry. McKenzie will work as an in-studio analyst for NBC’s Wednesday Night Rivalry telecasts, and provide on-site commentary at the NHL All-Star Game, the Stanley Cup Final and NHL Draft.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/08/mckenzie-dreger-join-nbc-sports-group/

Oh thank God. Bobby Mac's coming over from TSN to cover the NHL for NBC. Dreger's coming too. Looks like the quality of draft coverage here in America is about to shoot up big time.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
TSN's Projections:

Chicago
St. Louis
Dallas
-----
Minnesota (WC)
Colorado (WC)
Nashville
Winnipeg

Los Angeles
Anaheim
San Jose
-----
Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Calgary

I would bet money it won't be the same 8 teams. I think there will be at least 2 new teams in.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I've had to mute the entire broadcast so far because of their ****ing Stanley Cup Ceremony. Absolutely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->