Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sorry fellas but for some stupid reason my tablet won't put my smilies in??

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Can you imagine what would happen if the Flames had a decent goaltender? Watch out, Tampa...

I was going to make a post about how they are a team built with depth rather than star power (outside Gaudreau) and a team lacking a true 1C. Then took a look and what do you know Monahan has 82 points this season.

If Keller can get around Johnny's level (low 70's) and Hayton can replicate Monahan's production pre 2018-2019 season we may have a similar team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Meh, rather see if both Keumper and Raanta are for real before moving one for less than they are worth. Not convinced Keumper can pull this off again, but not convinced Raanta can stay healthy either. May as well hold both instead of add a sub 30 point player, which we have a half dozen of.
I definitely agree.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Agreed, gotta go into the season with both of those guys...although Kuemper has earned the starting nod, and if his success continues into next season, then we can trade Raanta

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
So Colorado plays @STL, EDM, WIN, @SJS
- Winnipeg will be our toughest game, especially if they are still close with Nashville and St. Louis come the final day.
Best record I can see: 2-1. Beat both the Kings and Knights but lose to Winnipeg.

The Jets can't beat anybody these days. In your position, I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Meh, rather see if both Keumper and Raanta are for real before moving one for less than they are worth. Not convinced Keumper can pull this off again, but not convinced Raanta can stay healthy either. May as well hold both instead of add a sub 30 point player, which we have a half dozen of.
What? This organization commit to a goalie after 1 good year?!?!?!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yeah personally I think we beat LA, lose to Vegas, beat Winnipeg.

Colorado could easily win out.
I can see either AZ/Colorado winning or losing out. That is what is great about the NHL. Goal tending good or bad, mistakes, even bad teams like the Oilers have guys playing for jobs. Hard to say really.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
A ton of the games are free to stream this week on NHL.tv if you're interested. Colorado/Saint Louis is not, but I guess it's a nationally televised game so you may have that option.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah personally I think we beat LA, lose to Vegas, beat Winnipeg.

Colorado could easily win out.
My Prediction
Avs: 2-1-1 = 90pts
Yotes: 2-0-1 = 89pts

Only non-playoff team with more points will be the Habs. So we roll into the lotteries with the 2nd worst odds. 1.5% for #1, 1.7% for #2, and 1.8% for #3.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I’m all for trading the pick away unless top three so I don’t care about draft position

I wouldn't trade this pick before draft day. It's a oddly deep draft (think 2016) without the Matthews/Laine top end. You could get a talent like McCavoy around where we pick. If we don't like anyone at our pick, by all means move it.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The good thing about picking late this draft is that John Chayka's stretch pick for a player in the 12-16 range will match up with our draft spot.

Reactions: doaner

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m all for trading the pick away unless top three so I don’t care about draft position
I wouldn't trade this pick before draft day. It's a oddly deep draft (think 2016) without the Matthews/Laine top end. You could get a talent like McCavoy around where we pick. If we don't like anyone at our pick, by all means move it.
The good thing about picking late this draft is that John Chayka's stretch pick for a player in the 12-16 range will match up with our draft spot.
I’m sure Chayka will pick Thomas Harley and we’ll all lose our minds.

When confronted by the media “why with all the D would you pick a D?!?!?” He’ll become extremely indignant and say “Why wouldn’t we?”

He’ll say puck moving D are a premium. He’ll say that D that can skate and pass and read plays and generate offense like Harley are premium players. He’ll say he can help a power play. That he’s 6’3, rangey, and one of the youngest players in the draft. He’ll say that everyone knows that it’s always BPA. BPA. BPA.

We will all be extra pissed because he’s not exactly wrong. But f*** we want some goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad