Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Good! F that guy, he can go raise his fist in Siberia.
What is public intoxication???

Being drunk in public?
And that is something you get arrested for?

America a place where they are searching for a cause to lock you up.

if i drive drunk with my bicycle the police here in the netherlands would give me a small ticket and bring me home (at least i hope so).
I germany they would do the same.
If i would be violent while being drunk, then yes they would put me into custody or call my parents or girlfriend to pick me up.
Again a small fee.

But no arrest.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!

Being drunk in public?

if i drive drunk with my bicycle the police here in the netherlands would give me a small ticket and bring me home (at least i hope so).
If i would be violent while being drunk, then yes they would put me into custody or call my parents or girlfriend to pick me up.
Again a small fee.

But no arrest.
Custody=arrest

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Being drunk in public?

Again a small fee.

But no arrest.

Although public intoxication may be the charge, you usually have to do something else in order for it to result in an arrest.

The news article says "The incident occurred at British Beverage Company at 2:18 a.m. Saturday, one of the reports said. It also referenced an off-duty police officer."

The off-duty cop was probably security and J.T. was probably acting like a jackass. Being a jackass is not illegal, but if you are a drunk jackass they then arrest you for being drunk.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
It varies from state to state. I would suspect (this is purely speculation) his attitude toward the police and/or how drunk he was, to trigger a call for service contributed to his arrest, versus them hailing him a cab.

Time of day may have been an issue, since Texas liquor laws are fairly strict. I think it's a 1am state with some exceptions. His arrest was after 2a. I'm sure the details will come out soon. The Wild hid it the day of, citing "illness", for him not playing Saturday night.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Custody=arrest
not realy what i ment.
They will take you with them and either wait for your parents/partner or will bring you home.
Or if you are violent then they will put you into a cell to get sober and the next day you will go home.
no charges against you (except a fine).

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
not realy what i ment.
They will take you with them and either wait for your parents/partner or will bring you home.
Or if you are violent then they will put you into a cell to get sober and the next day you will go home.

That doesn't sound like good incarceration capitalism! :DD

Reactions: doaner

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
That doesn't sound like good incarceration capitalism! :DD
incarceration costs the state a lot of money and the police some time.
It's better letting those friendly and unharmful guys get to feel the wrath of their parents, wifes, etc.
thats enough of a punishment for them.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
not realy what i ment.
That works in a small European country where everybody knows everybody.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
incarceration costs the state a lot of money and the police some time.
It's better letting those friendly and unharmful guys get to feel the wrath of their parents, wifes, etc.
thats enough of a punishment for them.

I agree, but it's an industry in the states. The emoji was supposed to add whimsy to my snark.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I agree, but it's an industry in the states. The emoji was supposed to add whimsy to my snark.

The good thing in Germany and the US is that you can be innocent.
I hope you never get into japanese custody. they can keep you in for unlimited time and they will interrogate you without an lawyer.
Also you will be in a cell where the light is on 24/7.
I would say that is torture, but the japanese system is really bad.
Their guilty pleads are about 97%. The state attorney almost always wins.

Even your doctor will turn you in if he knows that you are smoking pot or are addicted to weed.
You won't get any help.

I am so greatful that i never came into contact with the law when i was growing up there. Same goes for my father.
But i bet my grandpa (2 grade, we are loosly related) would have gotten the best lawyers for me and my father and used his political influence.
Same goes for his son and his company.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
That works in a small European country where everybody knows everybody.
Germany is not that small. Same goes for the netherlands.
but in small villages the cop knows you.
And in cities you have your id and they have the number of your family or you can still give them the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad