Around the NHL #17, the 18/19 on-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think Kucherov taught management to always go after skill rather than surefire picks after the first round

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think Kucherov taught management to always go after skill rather than surefire picks after the first round

Remember the video a while back on youtube talking about this. Imagine a Gaudreau-Monahan-Kucherov line.

Whoever decided not to draft him in the 2nd round...

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Remember the video a while back on youtube talking about this. Imagine a Gaudreau-Monahan-Kucherov line.

Whoever decided not to draft him in the 2nd round...

I was reading into it a little while ago and it seems like Kucherov was a potential flight risk which is why it was perceived he would drop. I believe I read he had just extended for another 2 seasons just prior to his draft in the Russian league back when the Russian factor was still a serious concern unlike what it is now.

Another slight issue though is that Kucherov credits MSL for helping him a lot to develop his NHL game. It's possible that under the management and coaching here, he doesn't develop into the same beast that he is now in Tampa.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I was reading into it a little while ago and it seems like Kucherov was a potential flight risk which is why it was perceived he would drop. I believe I read he had just extended for another 2 seasons just prior to his draft in the Russian league back when the Russian factor was still a serious concern unlike what it is now.

Another slight issue though is that Kucherov credits MSL for helping him a lot to develop his NHL game. It's possible that under the management and coaching here, he doesn't develop into the same beast that he is now in Tampa.

Unless we had kept MSL lol

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Wow, completely bizarre about Emery. Thoughts out to his family.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Bennett and Ferland will be looking for that same deal next summer I bet, especially if they have anywhere near decent years.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Bennett and Ferland will be looking for that same deal next summer I bet, especially if they have anywhere near decent years.

Ferland maybe if he repeats his totals this year. But Bennett would have to double his point totals to even dream of asking for this. He doesn't play with the same edge as Wilson, he doesn't play on the PK, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad