Around the NHL 16-17 part 3 (trades! trades! trades!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Risto gets three games with no priors and Marchand gets two with his sordid history. :rant:

Risto's was serious because of the injury but I think the league gave him an extra game to send a message that players need to be held accountable of their actions. This, in my opinion, sends the wrong message. Marchand clearly tries to injury, has a laundry list of priors, and then still sticked the guy in the face.

It was obvious that Risto did not have the intent to injure with his hit. I still accept the suspension because players do need to put themselves in position to not only protect themselves but other players as well. This whole Marchand thing wasn't even a hockey play which makes it even worse.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Risto's was serious because of the injury but I think the league gave him an extra game to send a message that players need to be held accountable of their actions. This, in my opinion, sends the wrong message. Marchand clearly tries to injury, has a laundry list of priors, and then still sticked the guy in the face.

It was obvious that Risto did not have the intent to injure with his hit. I still accept the suspension because players do need to put themselves in position to not only protect themselves but other players as well. This whole Marchand thing wasn't even a hockey play which makes it even worse.

My thoughts on the whole thing, to paraphrase Tallahassee in Zombieland, "It's not the hit, it's the consistency"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Malicious targeted attack with the stick to somebody's groin gets two games? Two. Games. Department of player safety is a ****ing joke

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Virtually proven during the email leaks, pity the news outlets that would care are in bed with the league.

Yeah, the email release from the concussion lawsuit is just... :facepalm:

League officials and prominent members of the press talking about people having it coming or not liking someone's face? Disgusting.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
While its easy to be upset by the Marchand suspension when comparing it to Risto I have a hard time not seeing it as a win...it established a precedent for suspending a player for a nut shot...something that hadn't been established prior. This is very big for the game...

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
While its easy to be upset by the Marchand suspension when comparing it to Risto I have a hard time not seeing it as a win...it established a precedent for suspending a player for a nut shot...something that hadn't been established prior. This is very big for the game...

You might want to rethink how big this is. The NHL has zero consistency. They might as well pick numbers out a hat. This nut shot crap happens all the time with no consequences.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
You might want to rethink how big this is. The NHL has zero consistency. They might as well pick numbers out a hat. This nut shot crap happens all the time with no consequences.

Facts are facts. It has never resulted in a suspension before which is a step forward towards establishing consistency. Whether the league upholds consistency is out of my hands. But next time Crosby nutshots ROR or whomever there is a precedent set that they can act on...I'll take it.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Facts are facts. It has never resulted in a suspension before which is a step forward towards establishing consistency. Whether the league upholds consistency is out of my hands. But next time Crosby nutshots ROR or whomever there is a precedent set that they can act on...I'll take it.

I guess we all can dream

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I dream of the powerball coming up all my numbers..

What would you do if you won, and you can't say buy the Cleveland Cavaliers. :sarcasm:

So glad Tampa won. The only thing that can make this god awful 16-17 NHL season turn out a little better for me is if the Leafs choked at the end and Tampa gets in due to them beating the Sabres in game 82.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad