Around the NHL 16-17 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Enroth......great athleticism but he's 5'8"....with heels. He's too small, end of story.

McDavid...... I said it pre draft, I said it last year, now his second year I'll say it again......I'm glad we have Eichel, McDavid is awesome, I just think he's frail and plays in a way where he is going to get hurt a lot. Never wish someone harm but I think he'll be dinged up all the time.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I can't think of a legit reason to deny the application in the first place. Knights in armor can only look so different after all. How would a team call itself any certain thing, and then NOT have a picture of that thing in their logo? Seems silly of the patent office.

ThunderD

Jan 29, 2016
I can't think of a legit reason to deny the application in the first place. Knights in armor can only look so different after all. How would a team call itself any certain thing, and then NOT have a picture of that thing in their logo? Seems silly of the patent office.

This case doesn't have a leg to stand on. Not only do you already crossover like the Hurricanes mentioned above, Bruins, Ducks, etc. but what about all the NCAA teams named Tigers, Wildcats, etc who are infringing on each other? Next are there any GOLDEN Knights in the NCAA, or just Knights, Black Knights, Scarlett Knights, etc?

The only thing I found informative out of this is that they are not using "Las".

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
From ESPN.com's homepage newsfeed

Craig Custance
ESPN Senior Writer

NHL owners are meeting today in Palm Beach for annual December Board of Governors meeting. Expected to provide clarity on NHL participation in Winter Olympics and an early look at 2017-18 salary cap among other topics.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
This case doesn't have a leg to stand on. Not only do you already crossover like the Hurricanes mentioned above, Bruins, Ducks, etc. but what about all the NCAA teams named Tigers, Wildcats, etc who are infringing on each other? Next are there any GOLDEN Knights in the NCAA, or just Knights, Black Knights, Scarlett Knights, etc?

The only thing I found informative out of this is that they are not using "Las".

Names like Hurricanes, Bruins, etc. are easily replicated because they're animals or things in the world. "Golden Knights" is fairly specific, which is the issue, and the name is already being used.

ThunderD

Jan 29, 2016
Names like Hurricanes, Bruins, etc. are easily replicated because they're animals or things in the world. "Golden Knights" is fairly specific, which is the issue, and the name is already being used.

It's still weak, to argue that "Golden" Knights is specific while "Knights" isn't doesn't hold up. Besides, isn't this about West Point which aren't golden?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It's still weak, to argue that "Golden" Knights is specific while "Knights" isn't doesn't hold up. Besides, isn't this about West Point which aren't golden?

No, it's about the Clarkson Golden Knights.

ThunderD

Jan 29, 2016
No, it's about the Clarkson Golden Knights.

No, my money is on this being about West Point. The new owner is a WP Alumnus. He wanted to name his new team after his alma mater. He approached them about using Black Knights and they turned him down. So instead he used Golden Knights instead of Black Knights. I highly doubt someone from Clarkson decided to push this through when it's the NCAA filing the motion.

ThunderD

Jan 29, 2016

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
As a Clarkson alum that wanted Vegas going by another name, this is dumb.

"Golden Knights" isn't the name. It's "Vegas Golden Knights". There is no other organization that goes by "Vegas Golden Knights".

How many teams are the "Bears"? Cal-Berkeley, Baylor, & Chicago (NFL) just off the top of my head.

Look how many teams at various levels are "Patriots".

Did the NY Jets tell Winnipeg to go pound salt?

This is all very silly to me and they should be able to use the unique moniker of "Vegas Golden Knights".

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'm guessing Ron Hextall would approve.
The main board has been hilarious about this. That Petry was "holding Palmieri down" so Price could wail on him... though he's obviously tugging on his jersey trying to pull him out of the impending fray. That Price was "trying to paralyze him". That Palmieri intentionally went at Price with his skate blades to cut his legs up. :laugh: If you never watched the video, you would think it was some "no holds barred" backyard wrestling event and not pro hockey the way people carry on.

Guy went hard to the net, probably didn't let up enough or potentially got nudged in, goalie got run (sorta almost), goalie got mad, goalie started throwing punches. Happens all the time, right or wrong. The fact it was with the blocker was unfortunate, but I'd guess Price probably wasn't thinking so clearly in the moment. Depending on how you interpret the rules, Price probably should've gotten penalized more than he did... but that's at the leagues/refs discretion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad