Around The NHL #13

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets are in free fall and need a heart transplant. I would make massive changes in the offseason if I were in charge.

What would Yotes think about trading for Kyle Connor? Nik Ehlers?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Jets are in free fall and need a heart transplant. I would make massive changes in the offseason if I were in charge.

Our priority should be blueliners. I like our forwards and add Geekie and Doan and we're pretty set with forwards. I don't see any available blueliners on the Jets.
I can see us pursuing Zadorov in free agency and I'm hoping for a decent trade or 2 during the off-season. We need to cut Durzi's and Moser's ice time.
There are a number of blueliners that are losing their waiver-exempt status, a number that will be promoted, and then there is free agency. The Coyotes need to decide what to do with their own nonwaiver-exempt skaters too.

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yes, we should add DeMelo & Dillon as UFAs in the off season and they should be paired together on our top #1 D unit

Dillon/DeMelo
Moser/Durzi
? /Kesselring

That is miles better than what we currently put out on the ice.

Reactions: lanky

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

Schmaltz + for Conner would certainly be worth a conversation but NS probably has the Jets on his thanks but no list,

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Neither are pending UFA's.
Which to me equals more wasted assets if they try and rush the rebuild. The Jets can look elsewhere for a heart transplant, the Coyotes' heart is the healthiest it's been in years...lots of fresh blood...and we're stacking more fresh blood on top of that fresh blood for our needs, not to help other organizations with their blood drive.

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I learned something today. I wasn't aware of this rule. Good tank move by the Wild.

They were successful with it a couple weeks ago. At the time, some of the players didn't know how the rule worked, but management and the coaching staff did.

It's a dumb rule. It makes sense to try it towards the end of the season if you have a significant gap in points to make up as most games you don't care if the opponent comes away with 2 points, just that you can close the gap by 2.

Must also mean they don't think they'd win a shootout.

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
They were successful with it a couple weeks ago. At the time, some of the players didn't know how the rule worked, but management and the coaching staff did.

It's a dumb rule. It makes sense to try it towards the end of the season if you have a significant gap in points to make up as most games you don't care if the opponent comes away with 2 points, just that you can close the gap by 2.

Must also mean they don't think they'd win a shootout.
Not because they didn’t think they could win the shootout, but because they couldn't afford to only gain 1 point on their opponent. Successful against Preds I think, who were about 10 points ahead in the standings at the time.....much like Vegas...they figured gaining 1 point with so few games left wouldn't help enough. Needed to gain 2 points in the standings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Not because they didn’t think they could win the shootout, but because they couldn't afford to only gain 1 point on their opponent. Successful against Preds I think, who were about 10 points ahead in the standings at the time.....much like Vegas...they figured gaining 1 point with so few games left wouldn't help enough. Needed to gain 2 points in the standings
After the Preds game Minnie Coach said they rarely win shootouts while Nashville was 5 and 0 if i remember correctly. He said decision was based on winning in ot being only chance at 2 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad