Around the NHL #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Sound familiar? At least up until the BA / Bear era of Coyotes hockey.
I know it's rude to wish such a thing, but if they're terrible five years from now and we're finally good.... the schadenfreude will be strong. (and i'll be honest, I still don't believe their future is as bright as their past, such as it is)

Reactions: Jakey53 and Grimes

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Vegas fans should be terrified. We know more than anyone that when that culture starts to seep in, it can lead you to becoming…the coyotes

Reactions: Mangosteen

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
VGK got themselves into a scary spot very quickly. Making the Stanley Cup Final in their first season may do more long term damage than good. Although they are beloved in the city and the talk of the town and it's probably great for the sport of hockey they did so well. But management has gutted a pretty decent prospect poop, and worst really wrecked the chemistry. The disservice they did to Fluery and now Patches won't quickly be forgotten either.

But they still have Jack Eichel and Mark Stone along with a very solid blue line. They have a couple years here to compete while potentially building up their prospect pool a touch of they do this right. To navigate this properly they will literally need to "know when to hold em' and know when to fold em'"

My gut says they will make a lot of noise this year, maybe even win the division if they can get half decent goaltending, but they need some internal reinforcements to let them sell some of their pricey top six wingers and bottom four defensemen. Otherwise a Sharks style situation is going to quickly develop. And if Vegas gets an NBA team they may quickly become the third most popular team in the area.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Vegas fans should be terrified. We know more than anyone that when that culture starts to seep in, it can lead you to becoming…the coyotes
Also the NFL and rumors the MLB are sniffing around. The honeymoon is about to get a bit bumpy.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Based on deal structure I'm gonna assume Huberdeau is a US Citizen and plans to stay one while under contract.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sounds like they need us to take Lucic for a low low cost of their 2023 2nd rounder

Keller - Boyd - Schmaltz
Ritchie - Hayton - Fischer
Bailey - Smith - Kassian
OBrien - McBain - Lucic

Hell yeah.

I think Treveling just put some white out over Matt Tkachuk’s name and scribbled in Jon Huberdeau.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Giving a 29yo forward an 8 year deal is - historically speaking - not a great idea. Calgary would be very lucky to get 4 par years out of that. The situation was totally avoidable too. Nobody forced them to trade for Huberdeau.

Reactions: 0point1 and Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad