Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Yesh…
IMG_6572.jpeg

IMG_6573.gif

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Looks like Edmonton - Vegas is going to happen. I'd rather they stay in the Pacific than potentially be a second round match up with the Jets
The first round is crazy. I usually stick to watching only the Jets, but the East games are intriguing (Florida/ Tampa, Boston/Toronto).

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
So if we beat Vancouver, would that give us home ice advantage in the WCF (if we make it)?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looks like Edmonton - Vegas is going to happen. I'd rather they stay in the Pacific than potentially be a second round match up with the Jets

I was hoping Dallas would have to face Vegas but now I very much relish the idea of a f*** Vegas v the Oilers first round.

Reactions: Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
NHL insider Frank Seravalli was on the Spittin' Chiclets podcast earlier today and he reported that several Coyotes players have told him just how happy they are to be leaving Arizona.

From Seravalli:

"I talked to one player over the weekend who said, 'Who in their right mind is sad to leave? We've got the worst plane, we've got the worst hotels, the worst food, our staff has the worst budget. We can't get anything done... we feel like we're playing in a league other than the NHL. How do we find a way to just have different vibes, different energy?"

- Frank Seravalli

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
NHL insider Frank Seravalli was on the Spittin' Chiclets podcast earlier today and he reported that several Coyotes players have told him just how happy they are to be leaving Arizona.

I don't doubt it. I'm sure the players will miss playing in the desert, the hot weather, awesome golf courses, etc.

However, I'm also sure they won't miss playing for the cheapest organization in the league.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
As much as I am empathetic about what the Coyotes fanbase must be feeling today, I grew up in the classic Jets era, so this is how I'm feeling about this monumental day:

Don't get me wrong, I don't take pleasure in the grief of Coyotes fans. I've lost two out of the three teams in my avatar (well, all three really, but no one was grieving when the Moose left in spring 2011 haha) so I know how it feels.

But that said, I do appreciate the fact that the Coyotes will soon be gone but the Jets are still here, going strong. Who could have imagined back in 96 that this would be the situation? Yet here we are, ready to drop the puck on the playoffs. Plucky little Winnipeg.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Don't get me wrong, I don't take pleasure in the grief of Coyotes fans. I've lost two out of the three teams in my avatar (well, all three really, but no one was grieving when the Moose left in spring 2011 haha) so I know how it feels.

But that said, I do appreciate the fact that the Coyotes will soon be gone but the Jets are still here, going strong. Who could have imagined back in 96 that this would be the situation? Yet here we are, ready to drop the puck on the playoffs. Plucky little Winnipeg.

For those who choose to observe, a happy Coyotegeddon Day to you.

I'll give Torts full marks for having the stones to pull his goalie in a tie game and also for standing up to the somehow-credentialled 'journalist' spreading the Kevin Hayes rumors. But boy oh boy, is that meme funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad