Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
That's a major?

Holy shit.
For some reason I wasn't able to cut and paste it but check out Rule 62 - Spearing in this season's NHL rule book. By definition the correct penalties were assessed. Do I agree? Not sure but it looked deliberate and contact was made. Also, Eichel didn't react like he wasn't guilty.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Avalanche can't keep going down 4 goals and expect to come back and win. It didn't work tonight and it won't work in the playoffs. That has to be a bit concerning for them.
Yeah I honestly wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs IF we can get back to our style consistently

I think they'll give us lots of chances to score and Georgiev isn't exactly confidence inspiring

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah I honestly wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs IF we can get back to our style consistently

I think they'll give us lots of chances to score and Georgiev isn't exactly confidence inspiring

Agree.

Better the Avs than Dallas. They can be absolutely dominant but don't think they play as defensively tight a game as the Stars and their weaknesses are more concentrated.

Dallas are one of those complete teams with a very polished system that the Jets always have trouble with, and have coaching that will adjust between games and especially after a loss. Anything can happen of course but don't think the Jets are likely to win a 7-game series easily against them.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah I think we have the clear edge in goal and in forward depth on them. If we can mitigate their top line I think we have a good chance of beating them.

I think it's pretty likely we play them in round one.

Agree.

Better the Avs than Dallas. They can be absolutely dominant but don't think they play as defensively tight a game as the Stars and their weaknesses are more concentrated.

Dallas are one of those complete teams with a very polished system that the Jets always have trouble with, and have coaching that will adjust between games and especially after a loss. Anything can happen of course but don't think the Jets are likely to win a 7-game series easily against them.

Dallas and Vegas are the two teams that have the depth to do what we do best better then us. I hope both get knocked out round 1.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That's not my point. I know Maurice would never say that.

I just don't think it's funny
It would have been more like

'Listen, watching Auston Matthews is just a real treat. A real privilege. I have the utmost respect for Auston and his friend in the fancy jacket. I know if I wore that I'd never hear the end of it from my wife. But it's fun for the kids. Helps build the game... not as much as making the Stanley Cup finals - but every little bit helps.

• Haha
Reactions: RabidOne

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
100%

Plays the game like a generationally talented grinder. Never cheats for offense, always on the right side of the puck and uses his teammates

Does so with class, yet always competes. Can play with grit but never crosses the line
Perfect description of Crosby.

Reactions: Cypruss

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It’s gonna be a sad day when Crosby hangs up the skates, which I suppose could be as early when his contract is up next off-season.

I'm very curious if he still has the competitive juices to win a cup. He may elect to move to a different team to try for one last shot. I don't see Pittsburgh as competing for one anytime soon.

But I think he sticks around atleast until after the next Olympics so that he can suit up once with McDavid.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm very curious if he still has the competitive juices to win a cup. He may elect to move to a different team to try for one last shot. I don't see Pittsburgh as competing for one anytime soon.

But I think he sticks around atleast until after the next Olympics so that he can suit up once with McDavid.
He’s coming here, didn’t you hear? :sarcasm:

But yeah, I forgot about the Olympics, I can see him sticking around for that. What a feat it would be if he suits up for Canada again 16 years after the Golden Goal.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Avalanche can't keep going down 4 goals and expect to come back and win. It didn't work tonight and it won't work in the playoffs. That has to be a bit concerning for them.
Still like their chances a heck of a lot more than the Jets.

Avalanche will find a way to outscore their goaltending inconsistencies all the way to winning the Stanley Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad