Around The NHL #10 - Bag Skating Pros and Cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Good for them. Team USA hasn't looked great with NHL players. Let these guys give it a shot.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Andy Miele too haha
Before we (and me included in this for sure) dump any crap on Miele and Ness, think about this: Both players love to play hockey enough to endure the rigors of a) Playing the game in BFE Russia knowing that you're not good enough to play at the NHL level, and b) willing to tough out a career as a minor league hockey player hoping to get at least some time in at the NHL level. My hat's off to both Miele and Ness.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

I wonder if his Covid transgression was serious enough to lose $23 million.

EKane is definitely a self absorbed A hole, but I doubt he deserves the target that's on his back.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Kane's contract was terminated for violating COVID-19 protocols. Since there were no pandemic protocols when he signed the contract, I suspect he has grounds for a legal challenge.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Went to Pappadeaux last night. Got a 2 pound live Maine. So good! The senile 40+ year politician that runs the country says our economy is great. Anybody been out to eat lately? I walked in thinking I'd go with the Alaskan King Crab as it's been a few years since I had that. No joke, it's $99.99 now (ticket to Alaska not included, I checked). Most of the fish plates were right around $50. Live Maine is $36 a pound. A few drinks and I was out of there for just under $300 for two. Yikes! Better than paying for tickets to watch our shitty team play and still not be able to get Macho Nachos though. Glass half full! Pic to make you drool. Claws were almost as big as my hand.
271123770_10220360554391455_684356464907445895_n.jpg
I'll run down to the shore and grab a few next time ;)

not sure what shipping will cost tho

Reactions: RemoAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kane's contract was terminated for violating COVID-19 protocols. Since there were no pandemic protocols when he signed the contract, I suspect he has grounds for a legal challenge.

Doubt it. Contracts have catch-all clauses that allow the team to terminate contracts for a wide variety of reasons, like noncompliance. The Sharks and the league would have looked at this a long time with counsel before going for it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Doubt it. Contracts have catch-all clauses that allow the team to terminate contracts for a wide variety of reasons, like noncompliance. The Sharks and the league would have looked at this a long time with counsel before going for it.
They did the same with Richard's and then they paid him out. If contracts were that easy to terminate there would be a few every year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They won't get away with not paying him anything, no judge will allow that, Kane will get paid, likely through a settlement. It's not easy to get out of employment contracts.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They won't get away with not paying him anything, no judge will allow that, Kane will get paid, likely through a settlement. It's not easy to get out of employment contracts.
When the Mike Richard's situation was unfolding a lot of other teams were unhappy that LA was getting out of the contract. I can't imagine many are happy that SJ might be getting a do-over as well. And nor should they.

Reactions: Heldig

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sign Kane and you get what you deserve.
Kane is a jerk, but maybe he finally has it figured out, but if I'm a contender with great leadership and I can get a player like Kane for a few months and not deplete my roster, I take the gamble. Now, for a team like the Coyote's that would not fly.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If I'm the Oilers I sign Kane as fast as I can. Just this year, what exactly is there to lose?? If I'm any GM I never sign him to more than 1 year ever.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He disrupts the room and they miss the playoffs? Things are pretty shaky in Edmonton already.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He disrupts the room and they miss the playoffs? Things are pretty shaky in Edmonton already.
Let him go at first sign. He scores a goal every other game and creates some space for his linemates, team is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad