Around The NHL #10 - Bag Skating Pros and Cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You'd have to believe Kane will be playing for his NHL life. If he's not a good citizen on his best behavior in the next opportunity he gets, he'll be playing over seas the rest of his career.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You'd have to believe Kane will be playing for his NHL life. If he's not a good citizen on his best behavior in the next opportunity he gets, he'll be playing over seas the rest of his career.
Most of the top teams are in on Kane. You have the rare chance to add top line talent for 4th line Cap. So easy to cut bait if it doesn't work.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Alternatively, you can get Phil Kessel, who while awkward is beloved by his teammates. He brings two Stanley Cup rings, has not missed a year (like Kane), and can likely be had at max retention for the low cost of a 2nd round pick or a B-level prospect.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All in all, I just can't believe Edmonton's goalie can't make a save, the coach is pissed off that the goalie can't make a save, and their idea for a solution is ... Evander Kane.

Reactions: 0point1

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
All in all, I just can't believe Edmonton's goalie can't make a save, the coach is pissed off that the goalie can't make a save, and their idea for a solution is ... Evander Kane.
Have you considered they are 2 different decisions. Like while trying to find a goalie and a top line forward comes up you take that forward while continuing the goalie search. Seems you are letting Oiler's hate drive your thoughts on this??

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
No Oilers hate. It's just comical at this point though that the team won't address its most glaring need.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No Oilers hate. It's just comical at this point though that the team won't address its most glaring need.
Have you considered they have not had an option yet? It's not like they can just take whoever they want. When everyone knows you been a life preserver they are more likely to throw you an anchor.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The issue dates back to the summer (and really the one before that too). Koskinen has been there since Holland arrived in fact.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The issue dates back to the summer (and really the one before that too). Koskinen has been there since Holland arrived in fact.
And with a Cap combined with lack of prospects is not exactly easy to fix.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not pissing away nearly 10M on Ceci and Keith is a good start.

Lots of options available last offseason ... Grubauer, Ullmark, Mrazek, Andersen, Halak, Holtby, Fleury, Kuemper ... all better than their current arrangement.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Darcy Kuemoer could’ve been had two drafts ago. They went with Dylan Holloway instead.
Not sure that would really have been an upgrade so far?? Smith was better than Keumper last year. And Keumper hasn't exactly lit it up this year. I think that's generally why they don't don't just throw picks/prospects at the problem.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Most of the top teams are in on Kane. You have the rare chance to add top line talent for 4th line Cap. So easy to cut bait if it doesn't work.
I agree with both you guys. What an add for a team going for all the marbles.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Who said Edmonton is done? You just can't snap your fingers and get a goalie.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not pissing away nearly 10M on Ceci and Keith is a good start.

Lots of options available last offseason ... Grubauer, Ullmark, Mrazek, Andersen, Halak, Holtby, Fleury, Kuemper ... all better than their current arrangement.
I think Edmonton had a better chance last season to get a good goalie, and at a better price than they do now. That was a mistake for sure, but I believe they thought the price was too high, but I think they are still looking.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Kuemper is 51st. in SV%. What the hell happened to him?

Poor team D? :dunno:

Last season his SV% was .907. This year .905. He's giving up more goals, but like I said...might just be the team/system he's playing in.

Colorado is scoring more than ever (4.3 G/GP), but giving up a lot of goals (3.3 G/GP). It's worked so far, but the regular season is not the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Poor team D? :dunno:

Last season his SV% was .907. This year .905. He's giving up more goals, but like I said...might just be the team/system he's playing in.

Colorado is scoring more than ever (4.3 G/GP), but giving up a lot of goals (3.3 G/GP). It's worked so far, but the regular season is not the playoffs.
The Av's are 23rd. in SA/GM which is pretty good. Might be high quality shots though. I haven't looked it up.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Kane is a jerk, but maybe he finally has it figured out, but if I'm a contender with great leadership and I can get a player like Kane for a few months and not deplete my roster, I take the gamble. Now, for a team like the Coyote's that would not fly.
A Ribiero like gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad