Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder if Rod Brindamour could become available....after 13 seasons in coaching as an assistant coach and head coach in Carolina, maybe he will need a change of scenery...a fresh start.
He is an Ottawa boy...well at least born in Ottawa.
Staios should have waited and thrown 4 sheets ( $4 million a season) his way and attempted to get Brindamour instead of Mr. Green Jeans.
I don't think Brindamour is Staios' type of coach! :)

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
That McDavid effort on the GWG was just cringe, I'm beginning to think he just doesn't have "it" to win.
To be fair, McDavid's been logging in some insane ice time stats. Hasn't played less than 23 minutes per game against the Nucks and had a couple of games with 28 minutes. Those extra 2-3 minutes are starting to add up. Doesn't help that the Oil have a glorious pairing of Nurse and Ceci on the ice at all. That Nurse contract is such a disaster. Oilers won't be able to build a contender level defense with him making $9 million

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
To be fair, McDavid's been logging in some insane ice time stats. Hasn't played less than 23 minutes per game against the Nucks and had a couple of games with 28 minutes. Those extra 2-3 minutes are starting to add up. Doesn't help that the Oil have a glorious pairing of Nurse and Ceci on the ice at all. That Nurse contract is such a disaster. Oilers won't be able to build a contender level defense with him making $9 million
Ya that pairing of Ceci Nurse has been a huge liability.

And as usual, if goaltending were equal, they'd be the ones up 3-2 or series over by now. Silovs has been a significant advantage.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
35% of those playoff date revenues are used to fund revenue sharing, so drop everything down a third.
yea, but 65% of 105 million, is better than 0%

Now consider a playoff year and the enthusiasm, so a further 4-5 M in regular season revenue. At 10 years, we are talking 40-50 M.

So belonging to the upper 1/2 of the league would have netted the Sens some 110 M or so.

Instead, they antagonized, saw their building empty. And lost some 300 M. Atta boy Eugene.

the 20 year high is around 190 games and so about 100 home dates, at 3 M average.. 300 M. And a packed arena to add some 90 M. A cool 390 M. About 280-300 after revenue share. Hello Boston, Pittsburg and Tampa. Old Mario Lemieux and partners must still be giddy. Jeremy Jacobs probably uses $100 bills as TP.

The Sens played 82, so some 38 home dates.. about 114 M and another 40 M in added revenue. 155 M, 110 after revenue share. In 20 years, peanuts!!!!

How do you f*** up something so simple.

The top 16 teams averaged about 144 games played.. nearly twice the Sens.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Another great finish to a game and the Panthers win a nailbiter.

I am pumped for the East conference finals. Rooting for the Rangers but I honestly wouldn't be mad if Florida made it to the Cup finals.

Reactions: Icelevel

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Florida basically got Forsling and Montour for nothing and we’re stuck with the likes of Gudbranson, Phanuef, Hamonic, J Brown etc

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Oh boy if the Avs end up winning this game, and especially the series, that non-goal call which was total bullcrap will come back to haunt the league.

Reactions: Icelevel

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Lol do the rules written in the book not matter?

Gonna be bad taste in the mouth if Colorado wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad