Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Marchand and Pastrnak have been invisible when I've watched, without those two going, Boston really has nothing.

Reactions: Larionov

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Marchand and Pastrnak have been invisible when I've watched, without those two going, Boston really has nothing.
Disagree with this. When I've watched, both have been very noticeable, especially Marchand. The guy is amazing; he'll be 36 next week. He has 8 points in the 6 games so far.

I figure this is a win win for Sens fans. If the Bruin win, we get to laugh at the Leafs. If the Leafs win, our pick improves 5 or 6 spots.

I predict the Bruins take this. The Leafs have fought back valiantly but game 7 on Bruins home ice; I'll be very surprised if the Leafs can pull off three shocking wins in a row. The Bruins will be mad and Leafs nervous. Woll will crumble under the pressure.

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Disagree with this. When I've watched, both have been very noticeable, especially Marchand. The guy is amazing; he'll be 36 next week. He has 8 points in the 6 games so far.

I figure this is a win win for Sens fans. If the Bruin win, we get to laugh at the Leafs. If the Leafs win, our pick improves 5 or 6 spots.

I predict the Bruins take this. The Leafs have fought back valiantly but game 7 on Bruins home ice; I'll be very surprised if the Leafs can pull off three shocking wins in a row. The Bruins will be mad and Leafs nervous. Woll will crumble under the pressure.
Well, it might have to do with what I've managed to watch, I watched the last two games in full (mostly anyway) but was more focused on other games prior so only flipped over to the leafs from time to time.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Our pick doesn't improve at all if the Leafs win, it can increase a total of 3 spots max and that's dependant on other teams doing us favors next round

Those odds would essentailly be the same if Boston wins

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Bruins have a pee wee offense that is exposed against a good team that plays defense which makes Woll's job easier. Regardless he has been steady and has made no mistakes resulting in goals. But all the Bruins need to win is a few PP's and a lucky bounce o go their way. They score 3 they win for sure.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If Boston wins, the Leafs will make changes. If the Leafs win, they'll roll the same junk out next year calling it team growth and learning and stuff.

Reactions: Flamingo

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
The Bruins really could use Bergeron for his offence as well. He's a defensive god, but he'd always be a safe bet for 25-30g.

They'll definitely be looking for some offensive help in the off season, hoping they think that's Chychrun

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our pick doesn't improve at all if the Leafs win, it can increase a total of 3 spots max and that's dependant on other teams doing us favors next round

Not entirely, our odds are better of Boston getting pushed down a spot if the leafs beat them, not just because it means that Boston can't make it to the ECF, but because the leafs are the only Eastern team that can push Boston down if they make the ECF.

So, as it stands, if the leafs beat Florida next round, our pick improves. IF Boston wins, then they beat Florida, our pick gets worse. In the West, a WCF of any of Edm, VGK, LAK, Nsh, or Col helps us, we don't want to see Van or Dal.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

I'd like to see the Leafs win a couple of rounds in hopes that it convinces them to keep Keefe.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Wow so impressed by how Toronto plays. They are such a great team. Wish we could be as good as them one day

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I like to see them without McDavid. I live in Edmonton and never watch any of their games. It bores the hell out of me
They have 2 of the best players in the world, arguably the 2 best forwards, so I can't imagine that being boring, but to each their own!

Of course without McDavid they would take a major hit, same with Draisaitl, but they're special players so goes without saying. Colorado without Mackinnon or Makar would be similar, as would most teams without their top guy.

I really like the way they play. Everyone on that team is properly slotted in their role. Their goalie is a battler and the team grinds hard. I'm hard on the bandwagon this year and I think that is the best squad a Canadian team has put together for a run since the 90's.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If Boston wins, the Leafs will make changes. If the Leafs win, they'll roll the same junk out next year calling it team growth and learning and stuff.
Yeah, it's pretty awesome how getting eliminated in the 2nd round will now be presented as a triumph because of how badly they crapped the bed in the first 4 games. Way to lower the bar, boys!

Wow so impressed by how Toronto plays. They are such a great team. Wish we could be as good as them one day
They squeaked out a win while Boston put up a total goose egg lol. The only thing they've accomplished is not rolling over and dying.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Woll is playing out if his mind. Would also argue Knies has been Toronto's best forward the last two games, his set-up on Nylander's second goal last night was incredibly high IQ. Two really nice young players.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I assumed Woll was still not healthy if they were going with Samsonov. Seemed like a no brainer, but it worked out pretty well for them anyways.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Woll is playing out if his mind. Would also argue Knies has been Toronto's best forward the last two games, his set-up on Nylander's second goal last night was incredibly high IQ. Two really nice young players.
It was a nice set up but McAvoy made a horrible read

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like basketball, those who make the least mistakes often comes out victorious. Boston made one extra that was capitalized on and was the difference. No more margin for error now.

Oct 10, 2010

Can someone explain the scenario in which the BOS pick improves by 3 spots ?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Would this be enough to get a coach fired?

Montgomery wasn't the coach for that Carolina game and followed it up with two incredibly succesful (regular) seasons given the circumstances (President's trophy and then top-four in the conference after losing their top-two centers).

In theory it could be, but in practice I think he's safe.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Montgomery wasn't the coach for that Carolina game and followed it up with two incredibly succesful (regular) seasons given the circumstances (President's trophy and then top-four in the conference after losing their top-two centers).

In theory it could be, but in practice I think he's safe.
Well he’ll get his 6th in a row if he loses on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad