Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
they won't win, but that's who i want bos playing. sorokin can easily make it a 6 game series almost singlehandedly and the isles will take their pound of flesh. no one was knocking bos out as the wc, but the isles are the best bet to tenderize them a bit before probably toronto. not that it matters for us unless we survive the first 2 rounds.
Let that happen and Florida gets NJ. Tkachuk will be a huge bully on the ice. Would be nice if Sam Bennett got healthy. They'll make NJ work for it.

Reactions: skipmowerman

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Let that happen and Florida gets NJ. Tkachuk will be a huge bully on the ice. Would be nice if Sam Bennett got healthy. They'll make NJ work for it.

i'd take that. i don't care for us if it's nj or car....but i agree tkachuk would be an absolute bully on the ice. not sure whats up w/ bennett. i remember him taking an ugly fall into the boards against us...is it still related to that? feel like he's been back a couple times since then but gone back out after what seems like a game.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
i'd take that. i don't care for us if it's nj or car....but i agree tkachuk would be an absolute bully on the ice. not sure whats up w/ bennett. i remember him taking an ugly fall into the boards against us...is it still related to that? feel like he's been back a couple times since then but gone back out after what seems like a game.
Bennett aggravated a groin injury. He's a pretty big factor for that team. Would be big if they can get him back healthy.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Bennett aggravated a groin injury. He's a pretty big factor for that team. Would be big if they can get him back healthy.
he's huge for them. they probably made it look a little better with the late run but i remember seeing a stat about their record with and without him in the lineup that was pretty insane. knew he was a big piece of the puzzle there but was shocked by the difference.

Reactions: bl02

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It’s when Enterprise 1) has a shuttle that drops you off in the middle of nowhere instead of the office, 2) doesn’t have the car you rented online, 3) offers you the manager’s special when in reality you’re paying more

POTD

Gonna be sweet tuning into Shittsburgh @ Columbus tonight and seeing Sidney looking depressed and staring out into space vacantly and Malkin hacking at everyone out of frustration.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
POTD

Gonna be sweet tuning into Shittsburgh @ Columbus tonight and seeing Sidney looking depressed and staring out into space vacantly and Malkin hacking at everyone out of frustration.

Again I just need Columbus to win, and the Ducks to lose. I will then be very happy and can just focus on Rangers playoff hockey. Lol

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The top two for me, and nobody is close, are the Devils and the Capitals.

Unpopular opinion: we antagonize the rivalry with the Islanders more than their fans do, at least for my lifetime.

It's the opposite with the Devils. I find them to be the hardest people to deal with.

The Capitals tried to murder one of our players and their fans (and players!) thought it was funny.

"Oh but Machinhead, you can't hate Ovy!!"

music-mrw.gif

I hope his game absolutely falls off a cliff and he doesn't break Gretzky's record

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Toews is done in Chicago. Drury will be on line 1 for him when legal tampering opens. If there is anything to the Kane wanting to stick around for cheap next season, Toews coming in as a bottom 6 contributor would go a long way to making that happen.

Reactions: NYR Viper

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Toews is done in Chicago. Drury will be on line 1 for him when legal tampering opens. If there is anything to the Kane wanting to stick around for cheap next season, Toews coming in as a bottom 6 contributor would go a long way to making that happen.

I've thought about this as well. I wonder if he takes a single year deal for a low cap hit to try to compete and gain some love back for the game.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

He should retire. He's made lots of money and shouldn't play if he's not enjoying it and not feeling well.

Keep him away from here. Was the biggest enabler of the abuse towards Kyle Beach.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I'd rather have Blueger as 4C.

We have no clue what we're getting with Toews anymore.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Toews has chronic health issues and I don't see much hope at all of him playing any more than a part-time role.

45-55 games a year.

Maybe that works for somebody out there, but with the cap limiting our ability to carry reserves, it seems unwise.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Unpopular opinion: we antagonize the rivalry with the Islanders more than their fans do, at least for my lifetime.

It's the opposite with the Devils. I find them to be the hardest people to deal with.

The Capitals tried to murder one of our players and their fans (and players!) thought it was funny.

View attachment 687287

I hope his game absolutely falls off a cliff and he doesn't break Gretzky's record
That's because they haven't been to a finals in nearly 40 years and have been mostly irrelevant for 3 decades. You weren't around when they were winning cups I'm assuming. I agree with you about Devils fans. They are a nasty lot.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

View attachment 687287

The islanders are like the Mets in the regard that they and the red sox envision some alliance to try to bring the Yankees down. But we make fun of them instead. That is how I see the islanders and NJ. They care more about this team than their own respective teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad