Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
@Fitzy Bergeron shook hands with everyone filing out of the arena following the game.

No, but he did shake hands with all of the officiating crew after the handshake line.

Reactions: Fitzy

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I think the Leafs surpassed our 54 year drought

@Fitzy Bergeron shook hands with everyone filing out of the arena following the game.

No, but he did shake hands with all of the officiating crew after the handshake line.
If he's retiring, he's going out on top. Boston is in a lot of trouble.

I thought he'd go to a Colorado to win another one.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Gotta think its either back to Boston for one more season (and maybe a deadline run with someone else should things go south) or quits for Bergeron.

Being a lifer with one team is a rare thing these days.

On Toronto: As hilarious as it was to watch that unfold.... again, this year 100% had a different feel to it. This wasn't blowing a 3-1 series lead to a far inferior Montreal team or a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes to go in game 7. Tampa has worn the crown for 2 seasons in a row and they've been through it all. Losing to them by 1 goal in a winner take all game where you never led is nothing to be embarrassed about.

As for roster changes? More bump on that 2nd line sticks out. I thought they at least tried to do some stuff in the third (point shots for deflections/rebounds) and got away from the pretty shit for the most part, but you need to be able to dig and drive pucks into the trenches when you're facing a situation where EVERYTHING is getting blocked. Not enough of it there with that group (and I bet it will be a problem for Colorado at some point too.)

One thing that they absolutely need to do (no so much to win a series, but to win the whole thing or at least threaten to) is get a better #1 defenseman than Morgan Reilly. If you're going to move Nylander, it has to be for a defensive version of him. Their group of D is not bad (actually quite good. Holl is kind of ass but if you can get a legitimate #1 to join Brodie, Muzzin and Reilly, thats a very formidable group.)

Signing Tavares was such a poor allocation of their money. Hilarious to watch Isles fans turn on him and show their true colors ala Devil fans with Parise, but having those dollars available would make life SO much easier for them.

Reactions: Raspewtin

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm withholding my mirth/desire to poke fun at Toronto until we win (/don't win) game 7.

I know relative expectations between the Rangers and the Leafs are vastly different for this season, but it still seems unwise.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm withholding my mirth/desire to poke fun at Toronto until we win (/don't win) game 7.

I know relative expectations between the Rangers and the Leafs are vastly different for this season, but it still seems unwise.
Not only are expectations far different but the Rangers have faired quite well in game 7's unlike Toronto.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
What happened on the Tavares goal last night? I was watching the highlights and they showed the goal, moved on to the next highlight with no explanation and it was still 1-0. Was there a penalty? It looked like a pick.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
What happened on the Tavares goal last night? I was watching the highlights and they showed the goal, moved on to the next highlight with no explanation and it was still 1-0. Was there a penalty? It looked like a pick.
Holl ran a pick for him. It's the only reason that Tavares was able to get into the slot.

Reactions: Kodiak

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Nylander goes for a defenseman this summer.

I wager they'll make a run at a goalie too. Jack Campbell isn't the answer.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The problem with Toronto is the same issue I see with Colorado.

They are a dynamic team. What happens when the top playoff teams smother their top talent?

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Trotz to Toronto would be the move if I was in charge. The Leafs are there right now and they need that extra push and all it would cost them is cash. Look what Trotz did with the steaming piles of isles and think what he could do with actual talent. Instead he'll probably go to the Peg and get them competitive again.

Reactions: mas0764

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Trotz to Toronto would be the move if I was in charge. The Leafs are there right now and they need that extra push and all it would cost them is cash. Look what Trotz did with the steaming piles of isles and think what he could do with actual talent. Instead he'll probably go to the Peg and get them competitive again.
I don’t think there is a worst Coach style/talent match than Toronto and Trotz.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Calgary tied it at 1 and Names put Dallas back ahead 30 seconds later

Reactions: Cmox

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Dallas winning the series would be one of the biggest travesties in the history of the league

I want Dallas to win though. It would mean all the southern based teams would advance to the second round. Well, except Nashville, but close enough. Yes, I am biased.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Oettinger putting on a show.

Battle of Alberta is great for TV/NHL. Stars would be like the Kings winning. meh

Shots are 40 to 11 LOL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Calgary has no business not getting ready for round 2 already.

It would be an injustice if they were to lose this game. They're SO much better than Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad