News Article: Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This is the year we break through.

looking at BOS's cap, hahaha, they're f***ed. We're taking that WC spot at their expense.

$4.7m cap, No Bergeron signed, No Krejci (rumored possibly to return).

No McAvoy, Lindholm & Marchand til. ~Nov.+ They're done already & Pastrnak knows it, he's rumored to want out of Boston. How quickly they jump ship!

PROJECTED CAP HIT
Tooltip
: $77,741,667​

PROJECTED LTIR USED
Tooltip
: $0​

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $4,758,333​

CURRENT CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $4,758,333
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $22,126,248
TODAYS CAP HIT
Tooltip
: $77,741,667

ROSTER SIZE: 21/23
CONTRACTS: 39/50
RESERVE LIST: 63/90
INJURIES: 0

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
This is the year we break through.

looking at BOS's cap, hahaha, they're f***ed. We're taking that WC spot at their expense.

$4.7m cap, No Bergeron signed, No Krejci (rumored possibly to return).

No McAvoy, Lindholm & Marchand til. ~Nov.+ They're done already & Pastrnak knows it, he's rumored to want out of Boston. How quickly they jump ship!

ROSTER SIZE: 17/23
CONTRACTS: 41/50
RESERVE LIST: 63/90
1658120372052.gif

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I'm so happy this tool isn't anywhere near our organization

Defending DeAngelo... ""The thing that bothers me and some of the things I've read is people are upset about Tony DeAngelo," Tortorella said. "Tony DeAngelo's a hell of a player, Tony DeAngelo has personality. Is he going to say and do some stupid stuff? You're damn right he is. But I'd rather have a guy doing stupid stuff than having a choir boy here just going about your business. You don't win that way, you don't win championships, you don't build a team without any personality. Tony's going to bring that and, plus, he's a hell of a player."

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Defending DeAngelo... ""The thing that bothers me and some of the things I've read is people are upset about Tony DeAngelo," Tortorella said. "Tony DeAngelo's a hell of a player, Tony DeAngelo has personality. Is he going to say and do some stupid stuff? You're damn right he is. But I'd rather have a guy doing stupid stuff than having a choir boy here just going about your business. You don't win that way, you don't win championships, you don't build a team without any personality. Tony's going to bring that and, plus, he's a hell of a player."

Torts running his mouth again about nothing.

Stupid shit? DeAngelo's idea of "defense" should make him a permanent resident of Tort's doghouse.

I guess he prefers defending a player's character to the media before throwing them under the bus for their play.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

This guy’s very cringe.

Reactions: Bench

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Tortorella is lashing out as one should expect, given his personality and all the criticism Philly is [rightfully] taking. This is why his players generally love him, contrary to many uninformed opinions. But yeah, defending TDA and insisting that you need TDAs to win and implying guys who aren't like TDA are useless choir boys.... is indeed cringey.

I'm sure Torts just went up a notch in newsy's opinion though :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi and Bench

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This guy’s very cringe.
He saw an opportunity to make it about himself and try and look like the hero. The guy criticizes McDavid for not "playing the right way" and doesn't like Zegras's goal but now you need players like TDA to win championships?

People often try and spin it as he's taking the heat to draw attention from his players and team but he's done it again and again regardless of circumstances. It's a cry for attention, not a strategy. Even among NHL coaches this guy's ego is outsized. And that's saying something.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad