Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I would go all in for the guy. By the time Mitchell and Boqvist and the rest are good, our forwards are gonna be dog shit/older. Trade the future and go for it. If Crawford can come back.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, that's not a surprise. The Canadian teams all either stink, are places superstars don't want to live, and/or won't have the cap space to afford him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It is amazing but not sshocking that same posters and their tinfoil hats are bitching about Zetterberg and his deal are the ones who still think Hossa’s issue is made up. The best comments are the ones that magical assume it just started and that the Hawks don’t have doncumented medical proof that he has been dealing with this for years. Do people not realize insurance fraud is a real thing?

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
It is amazing but not sshocking that same posters and their tinfoil hats are *****ing about Zetterberg and his deal are the ones who still think Hossa’s issue is made up. The best comments are the ones that magical assume it just started and that the Hawks don’t have doncumented medical proof that he has been dealing with this for years. Do people not realize insurance fraud is a real thing?
People are really really stupid sometimes.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Things getting kinda interesting with Seguin and Dallas. He's been essentially a PPG player since traded to the Stars and scored 40 goals last year. His playoff stats don't look the best but he was Nick Leddy-ed (young, promising, talent put in a limited minute role while he matured) in Boston and I admittedly haven't seen his playoff games in Dallas. I wonder what type of deal he'd sign.

Never going to happen but I wonder if a deal around Seguin for Schmaltz + would be beneficial for both teams...

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
I think Seguin wants more $ than Benn ($9.5 mil). I have to think he was offered Benn's deal and said no.

Love to see a Seguin for Karlsson trade.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I do not see how Seguin should make Tavares money here...Tavares was a UFA, this would be an extension deal..on merit and production he shouldn't make a penny over what Patrick Kane's contract is worth...and yes that was signed years ago, but I think Seguin is going to be disappointed if he thinks he is going to get over $10mil per year..I say Stars are offering $10-10.5 mil at the max...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I do not see how Seguin should make Tavares money here...Tavares was a UFA, this would be an extension deal..on merit and production he shouldn't make a penny over what Patrick Kane's contract is worth...and yes that was signed years ago, but I think Seguin is going to be disappointed if he thinks he is going to get over $10mil per year..I say Stars are offering $10-10.5 mil at the max...

Seguin will be an ufa.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Seguin will be a UFA, so I don't see how that is any different than Tavares. Patrick Kanes deal was signed when the cap was 71.4mil, the cap is now at 79.5. Kanes contract would be 11.7mil right now based off % of the cap.

Seguin is definitely getting more than Kane, and he outscored Kane last year. Teams will pay him, he's a franchise #1C, and you don't get those cheap nowadays.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If he waits it out and somebody was willing to offer Tavares 13 per as the Sharks allegedly were I don’t see Tavares getting a penny under 10 million per.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Franchise centers and franchise defenseman are the two hardest things to find. They almost never hit free agency. He’s gonna get paid if Dallas can’t come up with a good enough number.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If he waits it out and somebody was willing to offer Tavares 13 per as the Sharks allegedly were I don’t see Tavares getting a penny under 10 million per.
I am talking about with the Stars as an extension...if he hits the open market then yes anything can happen, but his current situation is he is upset over the offer he has received...I am saying he shouldn't get over $10-10.5 mil from the Stars and that likely is the case...IF he hits the open market, then yes he likely gets something close to Tavares...Seguin has only hit 80 points once(consistent 70's), so I wouldn't go too crazy on him, but someone would throw some serious money at him.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Sequin, Karlsson and Panarin certainly seem to be on the same path as Tavares regardless. I am sure the endless rumors all year will get old very quickly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I am talking about with the Stars as an extension...if he hits the open market then yes anything can happen, but his current situation is he is upset over the offer he has received...I am saying he shouldn't get over $10-10.5 mil from the Stars and that likely is the case...IF he hits the open market, then yes he likely gets something close to Tavares...Seguin has only hit 80 points once(consistent 70's), so I wouldn't go too crazy on him, but someone would throw some serious money at him.
Why shouldn't he be upset if the Stars aren't offering 10+mil? He knows he is going to get it next July and then some. So why should he settle or be happy with less, now?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why shouldn't he be upset if the Stars aren't offering 10+mil? He knows he is going to get it next July and then some. So why should he settle or be happy with less, now?
who says he shouldn't be upset? I never said that.

I am stating the reality, Dallas isn't going to offer much over $10mil, if he doesn't like that then he walks...that is his choice, he isn't getting Tavares money as an extension from the Stars is the bottom line here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
who says he shouldn't be upset? I never said that.

I am stating the reality, Dallas isn't going to offer much over $10mil, if he doesn't like that then he walks...that is his choice, he isn't getting Tavares money as an extension from the Stars is the bottom line here.
Well, I guess Dallas wants to lose their franchise #1C then. Doesn't seem very smart. He should absolutely get more than 10mil from them. I would be pissed if this were the Hawks in DALs situation and they let him go because they didn't want to give him 10+mil.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well, I guess Dallas wants to lose their franchise #1C then. Doesn't seem very smart. He should absolutely get more than 10mil from them. I would be pissed if this were the Hawks in DALs situation and they let him go because they didn't want to give him 10+mil.
Dallas, I am sure doesn't want to be in our cap hell either...I do not view Seguin as good as Benn, so I wouldn't pay him over $10 mil, but easy for me to say as a Hawks fan. Maybe they cave in and give him what he wants, I doubt the divide is that great unless the Stars are offering $8.5-9 mil or something like that,...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tavares and Seguin are really putting perspective on Toews contract. Neither of those two have won a single Cup or made it past the 2nd round. But they have to be paid nonetheless. They just have to. Otherwise you're starting your franchise over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad