Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
1st + Seabrook + any young player OTT wants. Seriously.

Without an extension in place? Absolutely not, and probably not even with an extension in place. We don’t need to give up cost controlled young talent for a rental who will then sign a contract that he’ll probably not live up to.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Without an extension in place? Absolutely not, and probably not even with an extension in place. We don’t need to give up cost controlled young talent for a rental who will then sign a contract that he’ll probably not live up to.

I don’t think people like the possibility of sucking this year but as @Teemu would say “Gear up”

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm thinking like you have to include like a Boqvist in that sort of deal.

I would prefer to take a dump back instead but I see why you would think that.

I am sure they would want to get rid of Bobby Ryan.

I personally would not include him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It would have to be with a signed EK. Replacing Seabrook's contract with Karlsson's would be amazing and I'd happily give up a 1st + anyone (probably not Boqvist)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
A first and Boqvist would make more sense for this teams timeline than either Schmaltz or DeBrincat if we were going that way.

And when you’re bringing in EK, you can’t put stipulations on who the Sens can pick from prospect wise.

Reactions: TLEH

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am not sure I would call it stipulations, he isn't under contract for next year. He has a certain worth in a trade, and like when the Blues told Buff that they could not get Thomas in the ROR trade, we would do the same with Boqvist. If you want to trade Karlsson, this is our package - 2019 1st, Joker, Seabs, and another prospect - you just simply can't get Boqvist as he is viewed as being a player that "could" meet EK's level.

If Ottawa wants more, then they can go look elsewhere, but GMs aren't going to say have at whatever we got...has to be some limitations here for what could be a rental.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I would 100% make the trade of 2019 1st + Seabrook + Mitchell for Karlsson (and maybe a 1 year cap dump).
It would be absolute larceny to dump Seabrook and not include Boqvist. I think any Karlsson deal starts with him.

I would however add an insane amount of futures to dump Seabrook, keep Boqvist, and get Karlsson but I would also like to win the lottery without buying a ticket.

But then again doesn’t Seabrook have a NTC? I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind is waiving for Ottawa at this point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad