Around the League XXXIX - Bolts choked earlier than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not a big fan of him to be honest

Before this year his game was very meh and he had his struggles. I would worry that this year is mirage
we all see things differently, but not sure where the mirage is??

the guy plays center and wing, and is a 200ft player...similar to AA but younger - that would be a huge upgrade for us at 3C or 1LW

upload_2019-4-14_9-58-3.png

he is about as steady as it gets...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tampa called up a defenseman, I have to think that means Hedman isn't playing tonight since he didn't skate this morning. What is wrong with him? I haven't seen any mention of that.

Also, did Point even play in games 1 or 2? Absolutely invisible.

Concussions, no?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Concussions, no?

No idea. There is surprisingly little discussion about it on the Tampa board. Like 2 vague tweets posted about it and no one else talking about it or him being out. Kind of odd.

He's officially a game time decision, so I can't imagine it's a concussion.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
we all see things differently, but not sure where the mirage is??

the guy plays center and wing, and is a 200ft player...similar to AA but younger - that would be a huge upgrade for us at 3C or 1LW

View attachment 214355
he is about as steady as it gets...

He is going to want big payday and his offensive game as well as defensive game have been far from consistent year to year

He is one of those players who should be better then he has shown and isn't going to be worth the big UFA contract he will command

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He is going to want big payday and his offensive game as well as defensive game have been far from consistent year to year

He is one of those players who should be better then he has shown and isn't going to be worth the big UFA contract he will command

Define big payday and what you would deem an overpayment.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

but you want a player that is even more inconsistent in Eberle and nowhere near the 200ft player???

he really isn't inspiring confidence in me to sign for 4-5 more years...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Eberle offensively is far more talented and has higher upside to be impact player

Yeah except the Hawks don’t need more offense.... especially via one dimensional wingers who are exiting their prime. You still get 2-3 years of Nelson’s prime and he actually helps fix this teams problem.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hawks need what Nelson provides - big body that goes to the net and creates space for others. He can pp and pk, gets tip ins and rebounds and plays solid all around. A younger Anisimov with a but more offensive ability..I know Eberle has talent, but it isn't what this team really needs as he doesn't pk, isn't going to help our third line anymore than Kahun would.

Nelson checks more boxes than Eberle does for this team, just don't see why you would think one is far better than the other when that just isn't the case...different types of players but pretty close overall to each other in production.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Offensively Eberle is far more talented player and better

To say otherwise is laughable
you are f***ing delusional if you think Eberle is FAR more talented a player than Nelson..maybe 5 years ago, but that ship has sailed..you continually post ridiculous stances on here. I think Eberle has more offensive skill, but no - it isn't FAR more than Nelson..I just don't comprehend some of the stances and players you get hard ons for...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He would certainly help with regard to our depth issue and he struggled under new coach this year. It happens

Does Eberle fix everything with this team? No not at all but adding more scoring depth and being able to consistently roll 3 scoring lines would be nice to see and with Hawks depth lacking with regard to top 9 talent adding someone like Eberle would be major improvement

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Nelson scored 16 more points than Eberle this year, but I'm sure that doesn't matter for some reason or another.

You also keep acting as if Eberle helps add depth but Nelson doesn't.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather have Eberle at 5M x 4 then Nelson at 6.5M-7M at x 5 or 6

Nelson is going to be overpaid as a FA C and I hope Hawks aren't the team to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad