Around the League XXI - Watching from the outside, but not all creepy like a voyeur

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Grandma of 6 kids, if that tells ya anything. Used to be cute and petite, now I'm just old and short. lol But, love life and most people. Like talking with you younguns cause don't like talking to old farts.
Besides as said before, not seen son in yrs due to drugs and miss talking to ones like you.

Here ya go....Jerry Brown (yes the Gov) was 3 grades ahead of me at San Bdno. High School. He was always running for something or other. His pic. always posted all over the hallway walls. His cousin Bobby Lewis in my class. Class clown.

Last edited:

Ron*

Ron does your dislike of Wings fans exceed Vancouver or NYR? I remember you ran into a few a holes in the finals. I would have to imagine you would prefer Wings fans over them.

Vancouver fans have definitely been humbled since Stoll's overtime goal. I find Vancouver fans MUCH MORE TOLERABLE than they were in 2011 or even 2012. Like Cowboy fans were humbled in the late '80s...very similar. Cowboy fans were much more tolerable when they had to come from ***** to the titles in the '90s. Very similar...except, of course, that VAN fans haven't even got close to sniffing a title since 2011.

I can't stand Red Wings fans, who have indeed been surpassed by Ranger fan, thanks to my experiences with them in the Finals. What a total bunch of scum-bag ****-head a-holes, never seen anything like 'em. As bad as Red Wings fan has been, he (and she, believe it) are still not as bad as Ranger fan...congratulations, dip *****. You've done something I could never imagine doing: beating out Red Wings fan.

Don't care about PIT at all, so didn't care Rangers barely got by them. Will be rooting hard for the Caps.

MTL fans are undesirable also, pretty much. Will be pulling for TBL.

Ah, the only good thing about the CGY/ANA series is someone has to lose.

Ditto for MIN/CHI.

Captain Mittens*

Vancouver fans have definitely been humbled since Stoll's overtime goal. I find Vancouver fans MUCH MORE TOLERABLE than they were in 2011 or even 2012. Like Cowboy fans were humbled in the late '80s...very similar. Cowboy fans were much more tolerable when they had to come from ***** to the titles in the '90s. Very similar...except, of course, that VAN fans haven't even got close to sniffing a title since 2011.

I can't stand Red Wings fans, who have indeed been surpassed by Ranger fan, thanks to my experiences with them in the Finals. What a total bunch of scum-bag ****-head a-holes, never seen anything like 'em. As bad as Red Wings fan has been, he (and she, believe it) are still not as bad as Ranger fan...congratulations, dip *****. You've done something I could never imagine doing: beating out Red Wings fan.

Don't care about PIT at all, so didn't care Rangers barely got by them. Will be rooting hard for the Caps.

MTL fans are undesirable also, pretty much. Will be pulling for TBL.

Ah, the only good thing about the CGY/ANA series is someone has to lose.

Ditto for MIN/CHI.

Gotcha.

I respect Chicago. I want Calgary to beat Anaheim. As much as I want the Caps to beat the Rangers, it's not gonna happen.

Ron*

Grandma of 6 kids, if that tells ya anything. Used to be cute and petite, now I'm just old and short. lol But, love life and most people. Like talking with you younguns cause don't like talking to old farts.
Besides as said before, not seen son in yrs due to drugs and miss talking to ones like you.

Here ya go....Jerry Brown (yes the Gov) was 3 grades ahead of me at San Bdno. High School. He was always running for something or other. His pic. always posted all over the hallway walls. His cousin Bobby Lewis in my class. Class clown.

Haha, was just joking when I asked that, but thanks for the info, nice to know we got some real dedicated long-time Kings fans here.

We have something in common that we have been Kings fans since birth. There are just a few of us here, yankeeking is one I believe, here is another, that sent me this PM in April 2010...he hasn't posted in years. Hope he is still around, check out his prediction near the end...so prescient.

Wayne Rutledge said:
Hi Ron,

I couldn't help notice you've been a Kings fan since 1967. I've been a diehard Kings fan since 1968. It's great to see other Kings fans who've remained devoted after 40+ years. I'm totally psyched that we clinched a playoff berth today. I think DL is the BEST thing to ever happen to the Kings. Our future looks so bright. Call me crazy but with our young core of players and the ones coming up within the next year or two, I can honestly can see us winning 2 or 3 Cups in this decade.

Ron*

Gotcha.

I respect Chicago. I want Calgary to beat Anaheim. As much as I want the Caps to beat the Rangers, it's not gonna happen.

I respect CHI too, but I can't imagine having to deal with their fans if they win it again. Rather us to win three first this decade.

But MIN rankles me. Their insufferable false superiority complex that hockey runs through MIN for the USA. Pure bull ****.

Captain Mittens*

, here is another, that sent me this PM in April 2010...he hasn't posted in years. Hope he is still around, check out his prediction near the end...so prescient.

That is ****ing awesome.

Captain Mittens*

I respect CHI too, but I can't imagine having to deal with their fans if they win it again. Rather us to win three first this decade.

But MIN rankles me. Their insufferable false superiority complex that hockey runs through MIN for the USA. Pure bull ****.
I think a Chicago fan with 3 is still better than a Rangers fan with a current cup or a second Ducks cup.

I'm cool work Minny winning. I would equate it with us getting an NFL team and winning a Superbowl.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Candiens? **** that.

991115_o.gif

Never forget.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Red Wing fans truly are the worst. I was happy TB won tonight.

When I used to have seats in the 300's the girl that set next to me would wear a tee shirt she made that said, "Red Wing fans are Octop****ys" every time Detroit was in town.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't know if I've seen a bigger group of excuse making whiners than what we've heard from Wings fans, not just throughout this series loss against the Lightning, but over the years. They think the league is against them, the league that did them a favor and moved them to a significantly weaker division and conference.

One of my favorite chants at a Kings game came from their win in Game 3 at Staples Center, seeing all the sad and depressed Wings fans leaving the building, and Kings fans in unison chanting "Go Home Red Wings." I wonder what happened to all of those bandwagoners who wore the Yzerman and Fedorov jerseys. Must've traded them in for a Toews or Kane jersey.

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008

Hail fellow alumni! Class of '03 here!

Ron*

I don't know if I've seen a bigger group of excuse making whiners than what we've heard from Wings fans, not just throughout this series loss against the Lightning, but over the years. They think the league is against them, the league that did them a favor and moved them to a significantly weaker division and conference.

One of my favorite chants at a Kings game came from their win in Game 3 at Staples Center, seeing all the sad and depressed Wings fans leaving the building, and Kings fans in unison chanting "Go Home Red Wings." I wonder what happened to all of those bandwagoners who wore the Yzerman and Fedorov jerseys. Must've traded them in for a Toews or Kane jersey.

Wait a minute. If your team loses in the playoffs, it's always the commissioner's fault, right?

I thought that's the way it always worked. Bettman picks the teams he wants to win and the refs ensure that what Bettman wants, Bettman gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad