Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ummm, interesting. Why are there “missed” calls when two Canadian based teams are playing?
It's a crap shoot. Depends on which team is the home team. When in Montreal, the fans will often call penalties by screaming at an infraction, and, up goes the Ref's hand a fraction of a second later.

The Refs are far more intimidated reffing a game in Montreal than in Toronto.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's a crap shoot. Depends on which team is the home team. When in Montreal, the fans will often call penalties by screaming at an infraction, and, up goes the Ref's hand a fraction of a second later.

The Refs are far more intimidated reffing a game in Montreal than in Toronto.

Not collusion? That’s boring.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Just saw the last half of the third of the Sharks/Bruins game - Boston was gifted the win no doubt, extra burn because of the Nylander non-goal (which was the correct call) obviously but I'm confident we can take the Bruins in the first round.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Still too far away from April to even think about which team is a better matchup.... a lot can happen between now and then. Heck even in the playoffs a lot can happen, Par might actually find his scoring touch and start scoring and leading the Leafs, still can remember Paul Dipetro of the Habs back in 93 or so.
To me, I don’t care who they face bc if they want to win the Cup, they will have to beat great teams/contenders.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Luke Schenn will make his debut for the Canucks on Thursday against Arizona. Given the play of Gudbranson, it shouldn't take much to make a good impression.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Luke Schenn will make his debut for the Canucks on Thursday against Arizona. Given the play of Gudbranson, it shouldn't take much to make a good impression.

Gudbranson has always just seemed indistinguishable from Luke Schenn to me. These guys would have been real forces 25 years' ago. You'd stick them on the right side next to some guy who could really skate and handle the puck and you'd have a monster pairing. Today they're marginal RH NHL defensemen. But Vancouver just invested in Gudbranson, it's going to take a while (maybe a firing) to see the light.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sounds like Coyle to Boston. I'm glad they want after him instead of someone elite like Panarin or Stone, but they got him for almost nothing

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Urgh, I'm a big fan of Coyle. He's the kind of winger we need, and the kind of player Boston loves. Wish we jumped on that.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Coyle has under performed this season. This is not the move we need to be worried about.
We should be more worried about the fact they still have their 1st in play for a guy like Stone or Panarin.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Coyle has under performed this season. This is not the move we need to be worried about.
We should be more worried about the fact they still have their 1st in play for a guy like Stone or Panarin.

They aren't getting either of those players for just a 1st and their cupboard is basically empty. They have no real high end prospects they can dangle.

Reactions: Menzinger

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm fully ready and prepared for Boston to physically manhandle and embarrass us again come playoff time.

Its like back when the islanders were stealing the Oilers lunch money back in the early 80's until finally the Oilers stood up and said "not today", except we're not yet ready to beat them and we've shown it.

Not until next year when Gardiner is gone anyway

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm fully ready and prepared for Boston to physically manhandle and embarrass us again come playoff time.

Its like back when the islanders were stealing the Oilers lunch money back in the early 80's until finally the Oilers stood up and said "not today", except we're not yet ready to beat them and we've shown it.

Nah, I am not worried about Boston, our biggest problem is behind our own bench. Babcock is too stubborn and doesn't understand that underplaying his stars has a real impact on the outcome of the game.

We will have Kadri for the full 7 games, we'll have Tavares as well, we added Muzzin as well (another f***ing player underplayed by Babcock).

I don't see them losing to Boston in the first round. I also don't see a way the Leafs can win the cup with the way Babcock coaches so it's depressing even if they were to beat Boston.

Dubas takes his toys away and Babcock just ends up creating new ones. Marleau is played as if he's in his prime, Hainsey as if he was some sort of stud #1D.

Johnsson buried while Brown and Hyman way above him. Things he does defy logic.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

How did the bruins embarrass the leafs last year? The series went 7 games lol

Some people buy into these media driven narratives so much.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Decent move for Boston, Coyle isn’t going to move the needle though. Will fill out their bottom 6, I expect Bruins to make another deal for a top 6 forward. Sweeney is going for it as time is running out on their older core.

Surprised Boston gave up Donato too.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
You weren’t embarrassed in game 7?

Either series game 7 against Boston?
Embarrassed about what? Physical play had no bearing on that game at all. Gardiner and Andersen are the reasons we lost.

2013 is completely irrelevant considering theres like 3 guys on the current team that played in that game.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I remember people begging for skill players. Now people are begging for plugs.

You just cant make this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad