Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tom Wilson laid a beating on Ian Cole tonight...oof!

Ryan Johanssen said in his post game interview that he was glad to have Cody McLeod back.......hopefully we see a little touch of nasty as we get closer to the playoffs

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
32 games since Laine's 5 goal game against St. Louis. He's had 6 in those 32 games. He was at 19 goals in 21 GP at that point. He's now 25 G in 53 GP.

Reactions: OddyOh

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I wonder where we would be in the standings if the refs were being fair and we weren't near the bottom of the league in PP opportunities. I want to see where we rank in PP goals and PP opportunities, lol.
  • we rank #31 in PP opportunity
  • we rank #23 in PP goals

• we are the least penalized team
  • we rank #26 in PK goals against
So we must play the most 5 vs 5 minutes in the league, refs basically put there whistle in there pockets when we play.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I wonder where we would be in the standings if the refs were being fair and we weren't near the bottom of the league in PP opportunities. I want to see where we rank in PP goals and PP opportunities, lol.
Regular season doesn't matter. That stat in the playoffs is gold when there are little penalties.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
  • we rank #31 in PP opportunity
  • we rank #23 in PP goals

• we are the least penalized team
  • we rank #26 in PK goals against
So we must play the most 5 vs 5 minutes in the league, refs basically put there whistle in there pockets when we play.

If the Leafs that don’t have thepuck didn’t stand around so much on offence they’d draw more penalties.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Regular season doesn't matter. That stat in the playoffs is gold when there are little penalties.

Let's hope the refs still call a fair game in the playoffs if we're getting the least amount of PP opportunities during the regular season. I can't believe with our speed that we're not getting more obstruction penalties called against the opposition.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Let's hope the refs still call a fair game in the playoffs if we're getting the least amount of PP opportunities during the regular season. I can't believe with our speed that we're not getting more obstruction penalties called against the opposition.

TBH with how the whistles get put away in the playoffs, it's kind of good to see the Leafs get used to these types of tight low PP opportunity games ... if they can just figure out the PP and how to use those limited chances, they'll be in good shape.

Of course they'll probably call everything in the first round and the Leafs will get a ton of opportunities :laugh:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Physical play is usually what draws penalties, so it's no surprise we draw the fewest. More surprising is how many people watch the games, and still don't understand that, and blame the refs.

Physical play is usually what gets penalized, so it's also no surprise we take the fewest. Less surprising is how people seem to accept that.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Jets are not flying so high against the Sens so far today. Down 2-0 after 1!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The Jets are not flying so high against the Sens so far today. Down 2-0 after 1!

Lots of time for a Jets comeback but I doubt they panic even if they lose. They are 1 point up on Nashville with 2 games in hand. Jets are a serious contender.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Really and what does not impress you about the Jets ? If they can add a good C at the TDL, I like their chances of going to the SC final.
that's a big if. Little as their 2nd best center doesn't inspire confidence. their play has also been pretty poor at 5v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad