Around the League Thread | TDL Approaches Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
The thing is it’s not just Toronto, right. Grubauer goes to Seattle and looks like a random guy they picked up off Pike st who isn’t sure if the round black thing is the thing he’s supposed to stop.

This thing seems to happen constantly. I don’t know if goalie coach is enough to explain it. Someone is going to make a lot of money when they figure this out.

It's a small sample size in Seattle, so hard to draw any conclusions. Driedger's also putting up worst career numbers there too.

The other team I put into the Toronto category is Edmonton - a constant shitshow in net aside from a Mike Smith blip a year ago, guys like Talbot and Dubnyk having the worst years of their careers there, with the same goalie coach (Dustin Schwartz) since 2014.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It’s not Vegas that they have to catch. Dallas has like 4 games in hand in Vegas and are a point back.

It’s the 3 seed in the pacific that they need to get to. Nash and Dal have games in hand in the Canucks as well.

Dallas is irrelevant if they catch Vegas. That’s the point. Finishing 3rd in the pacific may be easier than getting a wild card spot.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
It’s not Vegas that they have to catch. Dallas has like 4 games in hand in Vegas and are a point back.

It’s the 3 seed in the pacific that they need to get to. Nash and Dal have games in hand in the Canucks as well.
That’s why they mentioned Vegas and Edmonton without mentioning Dallas and Smashville…

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Just got back from the Oilers game - lmao. That team is such a defensive tire fire.

Was odd (but funny) seeing Juolevi in a Wings jersey. And Stecher :(

Moritz Seider is an absolute stud. That kid is going to win Norris trophies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
ok so jtm is sixth in scoring at the basically the 60 game mark

this has to be by far the highest a canuck not named bure, mogilny, naslund, bertuzzi, or sedin has been in the scoring race after all-star break right?

Reactions: wetcoast

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I can’t believe in the trade board that Kotkemneimi and the Canes are nearing an 8 year extension around $4.5 AAV. It may turn into a good bet by Carolina but I typically would take flexibility on a non core player than be tied to guy for 8 years. But with the cba rules of a buyout before age 26 being 1/3 the salary it would not be crippling to eat $750k of deal cap. Even if it’s for 8 years.

trying to pull a mackinnon?

Cole Caufield two more goals, up to 11 goals, 19 points in his last 15 games.

was scrolling quickly to catch up on this thread over morning coffee and almost spit my drink when i misread that as cole cassels

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Cole Caufield two more goals, up to 11 goals, 19 points in his last 15 games.

After all of the Calder talk last offseason, no doubt there will be CC Hart talk this off season eh?

He has the makings of a good NHL scorer but his hype train has been absolutely HF Boards 101.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Sometimes math gets in the way of hope.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
The fact Edmonton was able to grab Kane without any taint from his previous contract cap hit grinds my gears. And San Jose skates away from it too. There should be consequences to signing bad people to bad contracts. Do your due diligence like the rest of the league.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Dallas is irrelevant if they catch Vegas. That’s the point. Finishing 3rd in the pacific may be easier than getting a wild card spot.

The thing is that 3 points back and with 1 more game played and there being 3 point games down the stretch makes it a real hard hill to climb and realistically we saw this false hope the last time the Canucks made the playoffs and it actually set the team back.

Making the playoffs is great but all too often management drinks the koolaid and real progress doesn't happen.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The fact Edmonton was able to grab Kane without any taint from his previous contract cap hit grinds my gears. And San Jose skates away from it too. There should be consequences to signing bad people to bad contracts. Do your due diligence like the rest of the league.

We get it, you don't like Kane and probably not the Oilers either but that's life people get second chances and it's always easy to judge.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
We get it, you don't like Kane and probably not the Oilers either but that's life people get second chances and it's always easy to judge.
Did the Canucks get second chances on Luongo's cap recapture penalty, or on Loui Eriksson deciding to not give a crap about playing hockey for 5 years at a 6m cap hit? Kane is still contesting that he is owed his full contract from San Jose. So that cap hit should follow him to whatever team he plays for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad