Around the League Thread: Results Going Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
First 10 goal differential game since the Caps beat the Panthers 12-2 in 2003. Mike Grier of the Caps went full Lebda and was a -2 in that game.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The question is will Price stay? 50/50 at this point.

He is only at a cap hit of 6.5 mill and the contract pays him 7 mill for this year and 7 the next, so expect the next contract to be Long term and top dollar and he is currently 28 years old, it's a bit of a sticky wicket.... 8 years @? he will be 30 ish. end 38 ish.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The question is will Price stay? 50/50 at this point.

He'll probably stay. I mean unless it's evident the team's not going anywhere even with him in net. I'm pretty sure their future is at least decent enough to stay.

It would be very easy being Price's agent for his next contract.
I would tell Bergeron, "I'm going to write a salary down on this piece of paper. You will pay it."

Max Salary!
And when I say Max, I don't mean Max Patchwork's salary.
Maximum! Total player cap allowance.

yeup. and that's the thing. does he take a cut to make sure the GM can still make moves to make a good team or does he get what he deserve - which is ALL the money

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
First 10 goal differential game since the Caps beat the Panthers 12-2 in 2003. Mike Grier of the Caps went full Lebda and was a -2 in that game.

It's fitting the Habs record is 9-1-1 after that 10-0 beatdown.

Perhaps it was cruel to leave Montoya in for 10 goals but I think that team has shown you need to protect Price at all costs. No point getting hurt. Price = all.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
He is only at a cap hit of 6.5 mill and the contract pays him 7 mill for this year and 7 the next, so expect the next contract to be Long term and top dollar and he is currently 28 years old, it's a bit of a sticky wicket.... 8 years @? he will be 30 ish. end 38 ish

But he might say screw it with this *** loser team that I have to bail out every night and just sign somewhere else where he has a better chance of winning the cup. I have no doubt they'll offer him the max, but it will be a question of if he wants to stay or not.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
But he might say screw it with this *** loser team that I have to bail out every night and just sign somewhere else where he has a better chance of winning the cup. I have no doubt they'll offer him the max, but it will be a question of if he wants to stay or not.

I think he will stay, he is an icon in Montreal and will likely retire a Hab and have his number up in the rafters with all the Greats of the Canadiens.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
That 10-0 shellacking was the most enjoyable non Leaf game I have seen in a long time...........absolutely loved it !!!! very nice Columbus!...happy birthday MT lol

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That 10-0 shellacking was the most enjoyable non Leaf game I have seen in a long time...........absolutely loved it !!!! very nice Columbus!...happy birthday MT lol

Also enjoyed the Domi knock out. Hate Kesler.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

I'm related to a Habs fan so this blowout was just so sweet.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
So they didnt pull Montoya just to save Price's royal ass?! So ****ing pathetic. Feel really bad for Montoya, I would request a trade if i were him. You know what? I hope they never fire Therrien. He's a terrible coach and they will never win anything with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad