Around the League Thread: Results Going Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I can, Montreal is going to be a much better team next year, I don't think Habs fans realize that they got the best player in the deal.
Even if you believe Weber is a better player than Subban....this trade doesn't make them much better at all. The difference there is so slim that the improvement won't be much. They traded their #1 D for another #1 D.

It's like the Leafs trading JVR for a slightly better winger and saying they are much improved.

The only improvement from last year for Montreal is Price not being hurt. So as normal they'll be a playoff team, just not a cup contender.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Even if you believe Weber is a better player than Subban....this trade doesn't make them much better at all. The difference there is so slim that the improvement won't be much. They traded their #1 D for another #1 D.

It's like the Leafs trading JVR for a slightly better winger and saying they are much improved.

The only improvement from last year for Montreal is Price not being hurt. So as normal they'll be a playoff team, just not a cup contender.

Subban and Weber are polar opposite players. Only difference is they both play D.

It would be like trading JVR for an older but way better winger.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Habs got robbed by a back room business deal. Large American businesses are unscrupulous. Mark my words, Toronto will be next. Your Matthews will be in a Coyote's jersey under similar shady circumstances

But you forgot to mention McDavid signing with Leafs the year before....

Habs MGT doesn't want PK, it has nothing to do with business or anything.
If I am PK, I would ask for a trade to the Leafs just to stick it to the Habs.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Montreal is a tire fire.

Radulov is the answer to all their problems - Radulov folks.

Party party party. Oh boy.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ls8XRfw.gif

:laugh: That's hysterical.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
MT: "We gotta trade PK, he has a character problem.... needs to go"

MB: *While reading the cartoon section of a newspaper which front pages reads 'Subban Pledges To Raise 10M for Child's Hospital'* "Yeah, I will look into that, definitely needs to be addressed.

The Habs then trade PK Subban for Shea Weber.

MT: Can't believe we got that deal! Shea Weber has great character which is pivotal for us going forward!

MB: Radulov is on the pho-

MT: Do it.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
MT: "We gotta trade PK, he has a character problem.... needs to go"

MB: *While reading the cartoon section of a newspaper which front pages reads 'Subban Pledges To Raise 10M for Child's Hospital'* "Yeah, I will look into that, definitely needs to be addressed.

The Habs then trade PK Subban for Shea Weber.

MT: Can't believe we got that deal! Shea Weber has great character which is pivotal for us going forward!

MB: Radulov is on the pho-

MT: Do it.

Terrible management.....PK is going to have a massive year.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Why do so many teams seem to hand out bonus? Or it's the player asking for it? Upfront I guess.

Bonus money for a Canadian is taxed at a Max Tax rate of 30% so not only do they get a big amount of money at once but it is taxed at the lowest rate. Players can invest that money and make even more money over the year. It also is paid out dollar for dollar on a buy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad