Around the League Thread: Results Going Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So they didnt pull Montoya just to save Price's royal ass?! So ****ing pathetic. Feel really bad for Montoya, I would request a trade if i were him. You know what? I hope they never fire Therrien. He's a terrible coach and they will never win anything with him.

Montoya is a back up, he doesn't have much power. I think he should have been pulled but I also understand the other side of it now that the game is over.

Price = Habs. If he gets injured in a blowout loss, you just gave up your season. Habs are a basement team without him. No point risking an injury to your best player.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
So they didnt pull Montoya just to save Price's royal ass?! So ****ing pathetic. Feel really bad for Montoya, I would request a trade if i were him. You know what? I hope they never fire Therrien. He's a terrible coach and they will never win anything with him.

As they rightly shouldn't have pulled him. Plus, who cares, it's Al freakin' Montoya.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I had thought that Max Domi was wasting his time as a skill player getting into altercations but maybe I'll have to re-think that position.

Montoya took one for the team there.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's a back-up goalie, he has to eat this one. You don't burn Price on a back to back to save the dignity of your back-up. It is a results based league.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It's the backups job to take one for the team sometimes. I am sure he understands that.

It's Price's job to save the team and Montoya's job to save Price.
Hung out to dry or not, you protect Price at all costs. What's the point of Price getting hurt in a 4/5/6-0 game.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
But he's got to be there for the next 60+ games and play with the team that hung him out to dry.

He's not a Calvin Pickard, your goalie of the future, or a James Reimer, your 1B who is signed long term.

There is no reason for Price to enter a blowout in the first game of a back-to-back, early in the season, in a season after one in which he got injured in.

The boys should buy Montoya's meals for the next couple of days and move on with it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the best thing about watching the recap - Torts had the best poop-eating grin by goal 4. it's like he knew.

lastnotice

Jun 23, 2010
Newly acquired god "leader" Weber didn't face media after the game. Decided to sneak out.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
It's the backups job to take one for the team sometimes. I am sure he understands that.

Sure, 4-5 goals max but not 10! I dont care if Price was playing tomorrow. Thats just ridiculous you gotta throw him in.

I cant believe I took the Under 5.5 in this game last night. :sarcasm:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Konecy is having a pretty good rookie year thus far...making me wonder if trading down multiple times will end up paying off for us. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad