Around the League thread: Non Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I hope Price comes back right when Montreal is around 7 - 10 points out of the playoffs, so he wins them a few games where they just miss and don't get a top 10 draft pick. Basically do what Toronto use to do when they had their push for 8th place and mess up their draft position.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wow. Montreal has gone full "Leafs"

No there is bad.
There is Leafs bad.
And then there is the Scabs.
In the new everyone gets a point for participating NHL, the Habs can't even do that.
If the Habs win the lottery, I think I'm done with hockey.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Watching price skate looks like he's done for the season soes montreal try getting a goaltender or do they let the season play out will be interesting to see what they do

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think sometime when your top player is out injured and the rest of the team can't pick it up, it is a blessing in disguise as it just might be a year where the team can get a higher than usual 1st rounder and a few more draft picks due to trading away their pending UFAs.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Watching price skate looks like he's done for the season soes montreal try getting a goaltender or do they let the season play out will be interesting to see what they do

You never want to see a player like Price get hurt but then again watching the Canadiens implode is beautiful. There's a bittersweet feeling to it, especially when the report was he broke his stick (out of frustration?) when he had the morning skate setback. He and Subban are the only players I like on the Habs.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
would anyone else rather mtl make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round again?

They have a legit shot at getting a franchise player through this "slide". Getting a matthews/laine/pujlijiarvi could put them over the top.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No there is bad.
There is Leafs bad.
And then there is the Scabs.
In the new everyone gets a point for participating NHL, the Habs can't even do that.
If the Habs win the lottery, I think I'm done with hockey.

Honestly - they're horrendous.
truthfully i am seriously curious what they are going to do. this isn't all that "price is gone" - and if it is, then Montreal has a severe, severe problem.

Brian Gionta ices the game with an empty net goal, Montreal going to lose again and the Canadiens fans are booing. Wow is all I can say right now.

oh the irony.

What's even more sad from a Leafs point of view, Montreal's last win against Toronto in the shootout which they were losing until the 3rd round.

wowzer.that's sad

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
would anyone else rather mtl make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round again?

They have a legit shot at getting a franchise player through this "slide". Getting a matthews/laine/pujlijiarvi could put them over the top.

Last time the Habs missed the playoffs they ended up in the bottom 3. Add that to Price,Subban,Patches,Gallagher etc. And that's probably the final straw for me.
Add that to teams that had Gretzky/Messier/Lemieux/Sakic/Forsberg getting Crosby/Malkin/McDavid/MacKinnon and I've about had enough. When is it our turn?

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
The Hab meltdown is so beautiful to see BUT I don't want them to fall too far down. I want them in 9th because next season the best goalie in the world will return to rescue them.

That being said.......if they get Matthews, I'm gonna lose it!

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Habs should shut down price for the rest of the season he can barely practice and can't even put any weight on his right leg

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Really liking the Pens' playoff chances. Sid is really getting going, I could see Phil starting to wake up a bit, Letang healthy (for now), Geno. Not a lock by any means, but good chance we are picking twice in the first round come June.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The scabs are an utter joke. Hands down the worst team in the league with nothing come up through the system

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
God...Montreal. They definitely borrowed our 18-wheeler.

I think it's just amazing look around and seeing every single Canadian team out of the playoffs right now. Just...what a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad