Nhl points so far...

#3 Arizona Coyotes Dylan Strome (C) ... 1pt
#6 New Jersey Devils Pavel Zacha (C/LW) ... 26pt
#9 San Jose Sharks Timo Meier (W/C) ... 6pt
#11 Florida Panthers Lawson Crouse (LW/RW)...12pts
#12 Dallas Stars Denis Guryanov (RW/LW)...0pts
#14 Boston Bruins Jake DeBrusk (LW)...0pts
#15 Boston Bruins Zach Senyshyn (RW)...0pts

I see that you are new around here, but what kind of crap argument is that? Points without reference to games played is just unacceptable logic. Also, I like how you took out all the ones that go against your premise, but lets fill out this table properly

#3 Arizona Coyotes Dylan Strome (C) ... 1pt gp 7
#6 New Jersey Devils Pavel Zacha (C/LW) ... 26pt gp 71
#9 San Jose Sharks Timo Meier (W/C) ... 6pt gp 34
#11 Florida Panthers Lawson Crouse (LW/RW)...12pts gp 72
#12 Dallas Stars Denis Guryanov (RW/LW)...0pts gp 1
#14 Boston Bruins Jake DeBrusk (LW)...0pts gp 0
#15 Boston Bruins Zach Senyshyn (RW)...0pts gp 0

Jeez, what a reach on your part. That's kind of embarrassing honestly :P but ill let it slide since you are a noobie around here so I won't dunk on you for the time being.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I see that you are new around here, but what kind of crap argument is that? Points without reference to games played is just unacceptable logic. Also, I like how you took out all the ones that go against your premise, but lets fill out this table properly

#3 Arizona Coyotes Dylan Strome (C) ... 1pt gp 7
#6 New Jersey Devils Pavel Zacha (C/LW) ... 26pt gp 71
#9 San Jose Sharks Timo Meier (W/C) ... 6pt gp 34
#11 Florida Panthers Lawson Crouse (LW/RW)...12pts gp 72
#12 Dallas Stars Denis Guryanov (RW/LW)...0pts gp 1
#14 Boston Bruins Jake DeBrusk (LW)...0pts gp 0
#15 Boston Bruins Zach Senyshyn (RW)...0pts gp 0

Jeez, what a reach on your part. That's kind of embarrassing honestly :P but ill let it slide since you are a noobie around here so I won't dunk on you for the time being.

:laugh:

So you look at that list and you come to the conclusion Lawson Crouse is the only player busting :help: He played 4th line minutes and no PP.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
:laugh:

So you look at that list and you come to the conclusion Lawson Crouse is the only player busting :help: He played 4th line minutes and no PP.

Buddy, friend, pal, your arguments aren't on par with mine. This is you right now "Hey mikeyg, look at all these guys in that range who produced 0, they can't all be busts, therefore your argument is wrong". This is me :facepalm: "dude half that list hasn't played more than 7 NHL games, and a few of them have played zero".

Now this was your response to that "so based on my list that proves nothing, you still believe crouse is a bust"

Me: YES

Please tell me you can identify the gaps in your reasoning here. Your use of deductive reasoning is suspect at best.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Buddy, friend, pal, your arguments aren't on par with mine. This is you right now "Hey mikeyg, look at all these guys in that range who produced 0, they can't all be busts, therefore your argument is wrong". This is me :facepalm: "dude half that list hasn't played more than 7 NHL games, and a few of them have played zero".

Now this was your response to that "so based on my list that proves nothing, you still believe crouse is a bust"

Me: YES

Please tell me you can identify the gaps in your reasoning here. Your use of deductive reasoning is suspect at best.

I am thinking, he must have stolen your woman? :sarcasm:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I am thinking, he must have stolen your woman? :sarcasm:

Alright, I accept your defeat here. Before you come at me again next time, do some research about sample sizes, deductive reasoning, and supporting evidence to help promote a deeper dialog.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Alright, I accept your defeat here. Before you come at me again next time, do some research about sample sizes, deductive reasoning, and supporting evidence to help promote a deeper dialog.

defeat :laugh:

What exactly is your point, are you saying he is a bust?

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Yeah thats so garbage. If you cant score at least 1.5 ppg in the CHL, you don't belong in the first 20 picks (as a forward), its that simple. They don't even defend in that league, and the goaltending is suspect at best. All people see is "huge two way powerforward" and they just snap them up... its pretty disgusting tbh. I highly doubt the dude ever scores more than 15g in a season.

Yeah hes young but still, his problem isn't a experience problem, its a lack of talent problem. His junior production was very indicative of him struggling to produce in the nhl.

Crouse has a rare blend of size, speed, and shooting that any team would want in their prospect pool. The fact that you're willing to call him, a 2015 draftee, a bust this early, is ridiculous.

It's odd how his points production is being brought up--did you see the Coyotes this year and the year before? Their forward group is questionable at best. In a similar vein, even his OHL team, the Frontenacs, were 4th last in GF in 2015. Sure, you'd expect better OHL production, but he did lead his team in scoring that year. Never mind the fact that you go on and evaluate his rookie season playing for this Coyote team.

On what basis is he a bust? Are you basing it on where he was drafted with respects to the 2015 draft exclusively or as an 11th overall pick? Why is he, a power forward, so quick to bust when traditionally these kinds of players are known to take time to develop?

Crouse was deployed as a defensive forward this year and not given lots of TOI. His production was pretty damn solid if you consider his 10:22 of 5v5 TOI/g and 63.1% DZone starts. Not exactly bust material and, if anything, a bit promising. As Keller joins the team next year and if they make a move with their 2x1st rounders this year, his production could spike.

Last edited:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Crouse has a rare blend of size, speed, and shooting that any team would want in their prospect pool. The fact that you're willing to call him, a 2015 draftee, a bust this early, is ridiculous.

It's odd how his points production is being brought up--did you see the Coyotes this year and the year before? Their forward group is questionable at best. In a similar vein, even his OHL team, the Frontenacs, were 4th last in GF in 2015. Sure, you'd expect better OHL production, but he did lead his team in scoring that year. Never mind the fact that you go on and evaluate his rookie season playing for this Coyote team.

On what basis is he a bust? Are you basing it on where he was drafted with respects to the 2015 draft exclusively or as an 11th overall pick? Why is he, a power forward, so quick to bust when traditionally these kinds of players are known to take time to develop?

Crouse was deployed as a defensive forward this year and not given lots of TOI. His production was pretty damn solid if you consider his 10:22 of 5v5 TOI/g and 63.1% DZone starts. Not exactly bust material and, if anything, a bit promising. As Keller joins the team next year and if they make a move with their 2x1st rounders this year, his production could spike.

Cookie, you know just as well as I that the ppg (really sub ppg during his draft year) of ohl players rarely translates in any capacity to the nhl. But alright cookie, if you must, ill go point by point with you.
First point "Their forward group is questionable at best." to that I blatantly disagree. So you are telling me that a forward group that includes highly skilled players such as domi, duclair, perlini, dvorak, supplemented with good veterans such as vrbata, doan and Rieder (to some extent) is questionable? I wouldn't call it questionable, there is definitely a lot of talent on there. At very least, that shows that they have a reasonably skilled top 6 forward group. Now, then you say "hes playing in the bottom 6" and you somehow think that that message supports your argument, but it actually shatters it. First of all, whenever you are dealing with one of these low offensive potential, high "intangibles" players you don't have to be afraid of playing them against good players. Are you honestly telling me that a line of Dvorak/martinook Doan, crouse would be that defensively irresponsible? the answer is no. If you are aren't playing a "defensive" forward in an actual meaningful shutdown role, and the player isn't producing on top of all that, then he simply isn't creating a lot of value. Wingers are the easiest players to transition to the NHL, and I simply can't accept your reasoning behind why he was on the 4th line. You would think, that given the lack of goal scoring, that the coach would have thought to try to move this great "promising" prospect up in the lineup, but of course you wouldn't say that because it is counter intuitive to your point.

Aside from all of that, the warning signs were all there during his draft year. This guy was quite possibly the most wrongfully over hyped prospect of the past decade. There is literally no evidence which suggests that a player with that production will project towards being a top 6 forward in the NHL. Here's a news flash, for every 1 lucic boom prospect that has their low chl production translate in a meaningful way, there are 50 busts. Crouse is simply the next one in line. You can hide behind your small sample size all you want cookie, but you know that as soon as it grows and the random error gets weeded out of the stats, that there will be no more places to turn with this guy. He might have a toolbox, but imo hes only carrying a hammer in it. I don't see it, his junior stats dont show it, and his first year nhl stats certainly don't either.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Cookie, you know just as well as I that the ppg (really sub ppg during his draft year) of ohl players rarely translates in any capacity to the nhl. But alright cookie, if you must, ill go point by point with you.
First point "Their forward group is questionable at best." to that I blatantly disagree. So you are telling me that a forward group that includes highly skilled players such as domi, duclair, perlini, dvorak, supplemented with good veterans such as vrbata, doan and Rieder (to some extent) is questionable?

Yotes forwards corps definitely a questionable group. Domi got hurt, Hanzal was traded, Duclair crashed back to reality (106.2 and 103.4 PDO last 2 years prior), while Perlini, Dvorak, Crouse (and Keller) played out their rookie years. Burmistrov was supposed to be a skilled player and he turned out to be a flop.

I wouldn't call it questionable, there is definitely a lot of talent on there. At very least, that shows that they have a reasonably skilled top 6 forward group. Now, then you say "hes playing in the bottom 6" and you somehow think that that message supports your argument, but it actually shatters it.

Firstly, I never said that he's playing bottom 6, I said he was given defensive minutes--just wanna avoid putting certain words in my mouth. His zone starts show that Tippett wanted to use him as and defensive/energy/4th line guy (63.1% dzone) while his ATOI reflect his most common 5v5 linemates: of the 741 minutes he played this year, 258 were with White (who was traded mid season; played 46 games), 228 were with Jooris (traded; 42 games), and 209 with Martinook. There really wasn't enough talent in the lineup to ice 4 lines of NHL players unless you think these players are part of the reasonably skilled forward group.

First of all, whenever you are dealing with one of these low offensive potential, high "intangibles" players you don't have to be afraid of playing them against good players. Are you honestly telling me that a line of Dvorak/martinook Doan, crouse would be that defensively irresponsible? the answer is no. If you are aren't playing a "defensive" forward in an actual meaningful shutdown role, and the player isn't producing on top of all that, then he simply isn't creating a lot of value. Wingers are the easiest players to transition to the NHL, and I simply can't accept your reasoning behind why he was on the 4th line.

If you see who his linemates were and how he was deployed, it's actually really obvious why he was a -20. If you give a rookie linemates that are best known for their physical games and load him up with defensive zone draws, he's going to struggle. Like his coach, you have already made up your mind on Lawson Crouse and labeled him as a low offensive potential kind of player. There's more than one way to score goals and Crouse's recent U-20 performance showed as such (5pts in 6 games). His skating, size, and shot are perfect for a complementary top line winger. His lack of PP time was ridiculous.

You would think, that given the lack of goal scoring, that the coach would have thought to try to move this great "promising" prospect up in the lineup, but of course you wouldn't say that because it is counter intuitive to your point.

He did though. Crouse jumped to 12:19 in March to 13:22 in April. He was a rookie and playing a defensive role on the team. He actually started playing PK minutes into the season while Dvorak slid up the lineup and produced.

Aside from all of that, the warning signs were all there during his draft year. This guy was quite possibly the most wrongfully over hyped prospect of the past decade. There is literally no evidence which suggests that a player with that production will project towards being a top 6 forward in the NHL. Here's a news flash, for every 1 lucic boom prospect that has their low chl production translate in a meaningful way, there are 50 busts. Crouse is simply the next one in line. You can hide behind your small sample size all you want cookie, but you know that as soon as it grows and the random error gets weeded out of the stats, that there will be no more places to turn with this guy. He might have a toolbox, but imo hes only carrying a hammer in it. I don't see it, his junior stats dont show it, and his first year nhl stats certainly don't either.

ok. Please ignore his low-scoring junior team and his low-scoring NHL team and form your own conclusion. I would not hesitate to trade for him--I see him becoming a 20-20-40 forechecking nightmare. It's good that Tippett is rounding his game out and as the Yotes forward corps gets better, Crouse is going to shine.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Yotes forwards corps definitely a questionable group. Domi got hurt, Hanzal was traded, Duclair crashed back to reality (106.2 and 103.4 PDO last 2 years prior), while Perlini, Dvorak, Crouse (and Keller) played out their rookie years. Burmistrov was supposed to be a skilled player and he turned out to be a flop.

Firstly, I never said that he's playing bottom 6, I said he was given defensive minutes--just wanna avoid putting certain words in my mouth. His zone starts show that Tippett wanted to use him as and defensive/energy/4th line guy (63.1% dzone) while his ATOI reflect his most common 5v5 linemates: of the 741 minutes he played this year, 258 were with White (who was traded mid season; played 46 games), 228 were with Jooris (traded; 42 games), and 209 with Martinook. There really wasn't enough talent in the lineup to ice 4 lines of NHL players unless you think these players are part of the reasonably skilled forward group.

If you see who his linemates were and how he was deployed, it's actually really obvious why he was a -20. If you give a rookie linemates that are best known for their physical games and load him up with defensive zone draws, he's going to struggle. Like his coach, you have already made up your mind on Lawson Crouse and labeled him as a low offensive potential kind of player. There's more than one way to score goals and Crouse's recent U-20 performance showed as such (5pts in 6 games). His skating, size, and shot are perfect for a complementary top line winger. His lack of PP time was ridiculous.

He did though. Crouse jumped to 12:19 in March to 13:22 in April. He was a rookie and playing a defensive role on the team. He actually started playing PK minutes into the season while Dvorak slid up the lineup and produced.

ok. Please ignore his low-scoring junior team and his low-scoring NHL team and form your own conclusion. I would not hesitate to trade for him--I see him becoming a 20-20-40 forechecking nightmare. It's good that Tippett is rounding his game out and as the Yotes forward corps gets better, Crouse is going to shine.

Cookie, your argument about where he plays in the lineup is really weak. If your team can't score, and you have a promising young player with "lots of skill" simple logic dictates that you would play him more in a scoring capacity to try to generate offense. Your argument is weak because you can just extend it to say that the absence of him being put in a scoring capacity was simply due to the fact that the coach didn't think it was warranted, or that he really isn't a strong offensive player.

Cookie, honestly these arguments are all weak. How can you just ignore the WJC in his draft year and then highlight what he did on his second wjc trip? It's because you know that in essentially every level he has played at, he has never been a true offensive catalyst. Of course you wouldn't bring that up, because it obliterates your "hes on crap teams" narrative that you are trying to spew.

Lets go on a walk down memory lane here with your boy.

Lets start with the AAA days. You would think that a huge offensive catalyst like this would be a major producer right? Wrong. He had around 1.9 ppg production there, which seems all well in good until you see that half the forwards on the team had around 1.5 ppg, and konecny held a nearly 2.5 ppg pace during that same time.

Next we move to the ohl where his draft year production is painfully average, as it is around .85 ppg, and only modestly improved in his d+1 year.

Next we move to the NHL where he basically has limited production.

At no point on this timeline does he warrant/garner the benefit of the doubt toward his offensive capabilities. The most likely scenario is that he was picked to early, and is going to quickly bust. You have no rationale basis to believe that he will be anything more than a joe colborne type player in terms of production, and I quite honestly think that even that is a bit of a reach for him.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He's a mid-first round pick. The fact he's in the NHL now means it's highly unlikely he busts. He may not be an offensive catalyst, but his offense was always a project IMO. Should be a solid middle 6 forward.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
He's a mid-first round pick. The fact he's in the NHL now means it's highly unlikely he busts. He may not be an offensive catalyst, but his offense was always a project IMO. Should be a solid middle 6 forward.

Rofl so by that same logic yak and daigle weren't busts? Get that out of here. Top picks need to produce, it isn't good enough to just make the league and be a passenger. Mark my words, next year when crouse only has 20-28 points, you'll admit I was right. Dude is a total bust.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Rofl so by that same logic yak and daigle weren't busts? Get that out of here. Top picks need to produce, it isn't good enough to just make the league and be a passenger. Mark my words, next year when crouse only has 20-28 points, you'll admit I was right. Dude is a total bust.

but what if he only has 20-28 points but evolves into an amazing defensive forward or something? I'd argue if he (I don't even know who "he" is to be fair) - just needs to be able to contribute to the team that they are on. and not be a hinderence. Sure if he's top 10 you'd LIKE for them to be an offensive (or defensive) star - but if they have a 10 year+ NHL career, and find a niche for themselves is that still a bust?

I would argue no.
Yakupov had no business going that high at all, and then he was put in a bad situation, and developed badly. he's also got that chip on that shoulder that makes him think it's not his fault. I think if he had a great coach on a team, and can get some nurture in there, he could round out. (but I don't think whomever the "he' you are talking to is a First Overall, so comparing the expectations of a first OVA to someone in the top ten is slightly unfair). just my two cents.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Though I'd say the odds of Crouse developing into an "amazing" defensive guy are pretty low, since players like that are rare.

Right now it's looking like he's at least a 4th liner. Not a great investment for a 1st round pick though he still obviously has room to improve

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
but what if he only has 20-28 points but evolves into an amazing defensive forward or something? I'd argue if he (I don't even know who "he" is to be fair) - just needs to be able to contribute to the team that they are on. and not be a hinderence. Sure if he's top 10 you'd LIKE for them to be an offensive (or defensive) star - but if they have a 10 year+ NHL career, and find a niche for themselves is that still a bust?

I would argue no.
Yakupov had no business going that high at all, and then he was put in a bad situation, and developed badly. he's also got that chip on that shoulder that makes him think it's not his fault. I think if he had a great coach on a team, and can get some nurture in there, he could round out. (but I don't think whomever the "he' you are talking to is a First Overall, so comparing the expectations of a first OVA to someone in the top ten is slightly unfair). just my two cents.

There is no universal acceptance standard for "busting", but its kind of one of those things that you just know when you see it. In my opinion, top ranked forwards who don't develop offensively are busts. By that, I mean a reasonable ppg of at least .5 to .6 ppg. I simply don't buy this "paying a high price for a 2 way forward" crap either. I don't think crouse will ever be an offensive catalyst, as I said I think he gets a point total in the 20's next year, and I just think that the price of a 11th ova pick for that type of player is just to high. It is unjustifiable to spend that pick on a player who basically has never showcased any meaningful offensive upside.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Yak and Daigle weren't mid first rounders. You do understand their expectations were way different than Crouse, right?

11th overall picks, especially ones like Crouse, drafted for size, physical play along with some offensive abilities, aren't expected to be offensive catalysts.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Yak and Daigle weren't mid first. You do understand their xpectations were way different than Crouse, right?

11th overall picks, especially ones like Crouse, drafted for size, physical play along with some offensive abilities, aren't expected to be offensive catalysts.

See this argument always makes me laugh. You are setting the expectations as low as possible, which is just a terrible outlook. "Oh he went 11th overall, he isn't expected to be an offensive catalyst". What the hell are you talking about? What you fail to realize is if that logic exists then you must accept that drafting players based on completeness or "2 way play" is a scam. You are literally proving that drafting for "size, and physical play" is a terrible philosophy. Therefore, by accepting your logic, the hockey universe must fundamentally change the way in which they grade hockey players. Being as that is likely impossible in the short term, you are only left with my assessment, which states that forwards in the top end of the draft need to be evaluated on the basis of offensive production, and failing to do so qualifies them as busts. It is all logical. Your nonsensical argument is in place to defend the busts, dare I say instead of doing that that you should actually hold them accountable for achieving more?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
See this argument always makes me laugh. You are setting the expectations as low as possible, which is just a terrible outlook. "Oh he went 11th overall, he isn't expected to be an offensive catalyst". What the hell are you talking about? What you fail to realize is if that logic exists then you must accept that drafting players based on completeness or "2 way play" is a scam. You are literally proving that drafting for "size, and physical play" is a terrible philosophy. Therefore, by accepting your logic, the hockey universe must fundamentally change the way in which they grade hockey players. Being as that is likely impossible in the short term, you are only left with my assessment, which states that forwards in the top end of the draft need to be evaluated on the basis of offensive production, and failing to do so qualifies them as busts. It is all logical.
Here's a link on draft odds. It does a good job of providing expectations for each pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-expected-value-of-nhl-draft-picks-1.317819

Take a read, then come back and we can continue because right now your expectations are way out of whack and you seem to be ranting for the hell of it.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Cookie, your argument about where he plays in the lineup is really weak. If your team can't score, and you have a promising young player with "lots of skill" simple logic dictates that you would play him more in a scoring capacity to try to generate offense.

If that was the case, then Kadri would have been in the NHL asap instead of toiling away in the AHL. Coaches have to balance the short-term and long-term successes of their teams with the information and players they are given.

Your argument is weak because you can just extend it to say that the absence of him being put in a scoring capacity was simply due to the fact that the coach didn't think it was warranted, or that he really isn't a strong offensive player.

Coaches try to shelter their rookies for the sake of their development. It was obvious from the start of the season that the hottest thing in the desert was the tire fire this team was. Tippett did the smart thing in easing 19 year old Crouse into the lineup and gradually giving him PK duties. For a young, physically developing player, focusing more on tape and physical development is useful--that's one of the benefits of going the NCAA route.

Cookie, honestly these arguments are all weak. How can you just ignore the WJC in his draft year and then highlight what he did on his second wjc trip? It's because you know that in essentially every level he has played at, he has never been a true offensive catalyst. Of course you wouldn't bring that up, because it obliterates your "hes on crap teams" narrative that you are trying to spew.

In the first WJC, Crouse, Paul and Gauthier made up Canada's very successful fourth line. You're not expected to score tons in that scenario. However, as the next year shows, Crouse was able to produce when he was given minutes and quality linemates. In his second go-around, he was an assistant and was tied for second in scoring with Brayden Point behind only Marner and Strome.

Lets go on a walk down memory lane here with your boy.

Lets start with the AAA days. You would think that a huge offensive catalyst like this would be a major producer right? Wrong. He had around 1.9 ppg production there, which seems all well in good until you see that half the forwards on the team had around 1.5 ppg, and konecny held a nearly 2.5 ppg pace during that same time.

Are you using AAA production and comparing him to Konecny? If we're going down that road, he outproduced Konecny in Midget so big whoop. But yeah, I guess he was so bad that he was only the 5th overall pick in the OHL draft. Right.

Next we move to the ohl where his draft year production is painfully average, as it is around .85 ppg, and only modestly improved in his d+1 year.

Context is important. His team was in the basement in goals production in his draft year--Spencer Watson was hurt and he was one of the few weapons on the team. The fact they were so successful the next year was due to the injection of talent: a full year of Watson, acquiring MDC and Descrocher helped Kingston change their system so they didn't have to grind out every game.

Next we move to the NHL where he basically has limited production.

At no point on this timeline does he warrant/garner the benefit of the doubt toward his offensive capabilities. The most likely scenario is that he was picked to early, and is going to quickly bust. You have no rationale basis to believe that he will be anything more than a joe colborne type player in terms of production, and I quite honestly think that even that is a bit of a reach for him.

You're looking at his rookie season on an anemic team and coming to that conclusion. Not every rookie season goes the way of the Marners and the Matthews of the world.

FWIW Crouse outscored Colborne this year. Isn't it weird how playing with good players is good for your stats and playing with not so good players is not so good for your stats? I think this holds especially true for "passengers" like Crouse.

You're forgetting that he was the 11th pick, not first overall pick. And there's many instances of "passengers" being key players on very good lines and teams. The issue with your "production" argument is that the Coyotes have been a terrible offensive team ever since Whitney left. Last year, OEL was suffering from personal issues and wasn't himself, and Duclair took a nosedive in production. If things stay the same, Crouse is probably going to score around 20-28 points next year. Still wouldn't mean that he's a bust. But if he finds chemistry with the shiny new toy in Keller or with Dvorak and also gets to play more than 11min/game (which he should) he's gonna produce.

And please get off the floor: it's dirty.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Here's a link on draft odds. It does a good job of providing expectations for each pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-expected-value-of-nhl-draft-picks-1.317819

Take a read, then come back and we can continue because right now your expectations are way out of whack and you seem to be ranting for the hell of it.

Lmao the quality of your arguments are 5th grader worthy. What part of my definition of bust did you not understand? Being a fringe NHL player isn't good enough for me for a 11th ova draft pick. If its good enough for you then so be it. You cannot produce 1 shard of evidence that disputes my prior argument. What you are not going to do is tell me that my expectations for having a forward picked that high (in a very very very good draft) are to great. Top forward picks need to produce offensively. If you don't want to live in that reality, I really don't care.

The best part, which you didn't even realize, is that all the busts listed in your article are basically clones of crouse! How amazing!!! Cooper, Heerema, beach all busted, are all big defensively responsible forwards of size 6'2 or more, and guess what!!! it gets even better!!! Guess what their draft year CHL ppg was ?!?!?!!? Cooper ~ .9 ppg, Heerema ~1.2 ppg, beach ~ 1 ppg. So maybe, just maybe, old mikeyg is right in saying that chl forwards who score < 1.5 ppg in their draft years tend to bust! Stop making excuses for mediocrity, and grow up.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Lmao the quality of your arguments are 5th grader worthy. What part of my definition of bust did you not understand? Being a fringe NHL player isn't good enough for me for a 11th ova draft pick. If its good enough for you then so be it. You cannot produce 1 shard of evidence that disputes my prior argument. What you are not going to do is tell me that my expectations for having a forward picked that high (in a very very very good draft) are to great. top forward picks need to produce offensively. If you don't want to live in that reality, I really don't care.

The best part, which you didn't even realize, is that all the busts listed in your article are basically clones of crouse! How amazing!!! Cooper, Heerema, beach all busted, are all big defensively responsible forwards of size 6'2 or more, and guess what!!! it gets even better!!! Guess what their draft year CHL ppg was ?!?!?!!? Cooper ~ .9 ppg, Heerema ~1.2 ppg, beach ~ 1 ppg. So maybe, just maybe, old mikeyg is right in saying that chl forwards who score < 1.5 ppg in their draft years tend to bust!
Doesn't look like you're following.

1. He's not a top pick.
2. Picks in that range (not just him) are not expected to be "offensive catalysts". I literally just showed you what your expectations should be using a real life sample study.

You're right, I'm not really disproving your argument because I'm not paying much attention to it. I could care less about Crouse, this seems personal between you and him, but you clearly don't understand what a mid first round pick is.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Doesn't look like you're following.

1. He's not a top pick.
2. Picks in that range (not just him) are not expected to be "offensive catalysts". I literally just showed you what your expectations should be.

You're right, I'm not really disproving your argument because I'm not paying much attention to it. I could care less about Crouse, this seems personal between you and him, but you clearly don't understand what a mid first round pick is.

lmao. News flash everyone, 11th ova's aren't top picks!!! by that logic, we should just flip the 17th now for carl soderberg since at best we are going to get a fringe nhl'er! This line of thinking is just so terribly bad. Aside from all that, Crouse is a bust. I don't really care about making excuses for players like you have been ever so inclined to do.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
lmao. News flash everyone, 11th ova's aren't top picks!!! by that logic, we should just flip the 17th now for carl soderberg since at best we are going to get a fringe nhl'er! This line of thinking is just so terribly bad. Aside from all that, Crouse is a bust. I don't really care about making excuses for players like you have been ever so inclined to do.
By making excuses, you mean evaluating based on a proven reality rather than the one you imagined?

Relax pal, I'm sure he and your sister will be very happy together.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
By making excuses, you mean evaluating based on a proven reality rather than the one you imagined?

I am willing to bet, Mikeyg predicted Crouse would never ever play an NHL game before the season started, 100% :laugh:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I am willing to bet, Mikeyg predicted Crouse would never ever play an NHL game before the season started, 100% :laugh:

First of all, i'm not your pal. I don't befriend people who are unable to utilize deductive reasoning skills, they are too much of a liability. Theres nothing else for me to say here, i'm just sorry that you are too narrow minded, and I am also sorry that you abide by the expect failure and diminish standards/expectations foolish philosophy. Crouse is a bust as I have defined above, and I really don't care if you want to accept it or not. I can tell by your trollish nature that you never came into this conversation with the intention of having meaningful back and forth discussions, and for that, I am ignoring you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad