Around the League Thread | Meaningful Games in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Grubauer having a rough night against the upstart Habs..Habs up 4-0 in the 1st period.

Oilers blowing their games in hand chasing the Canucks..gotta like that.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
They should be happy that their team figured it out and went on a crazy run to make the playoffs this year. They have the best player. Why they heff be mad
I guess we should be happy that Holland and Chiarelli really f***ed up their cap structure big time. The spent like 20% of their cap on shit players.

If McDavid and Drai were on any other adequately operated team they'd be winning cup after cup.

As of right now, with their terribly built backend, I'd be surprised if they can make it to the WCF. They cant defend for shit.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I guess we should be happy that Holland and Chiarelli really f***ed up their cap structure big time. The spent like 20% of their cap on shit players.

If McDavid and Drai were on any other adequately operated team they'd be winning cup after cup.

As of right now, with their terribly built backend, I'd be surprised if they can make it to the WCF. They cant defend for shit.
All of this and more is why I can't see either playing for the oilers any longer than necessary. Oil fans still talk about extensions but I can't see one reason why they'd stay, both frequently look absolutely miserable.

Unfortunately the chances of mcdavid bringing a cup to the leafs could go way way up. Maybe he wants to play in sunny florida or LA idk, but I could see the leafs throwing all the money at mcdavid.
Draisaitl not sure, maybe we find out as soon as thus summer.

Reactions: Indiana

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Lmao Edmonton!

Almost like we all secretly knew that once the schedule picked up for them they were screwed.
Even during their streak they played a lot of shit games but #97 went off and they faced a bunch of impotent offensive teams..
I hate being cocky but we are so far ahead of the oilers and clearly the best team in Canada and the Pacific.
Instead of us worrying about who we face, it's the other teams fans who should be worried about us.

It took me until the last 7 game stretch where after the first real test of adversity they went 6-1 and for the first time in years I'm not talking myself into a OT loss as an acceptable outcome despite a multiple goal leads because we've gotten used to getting nothing.

We've suffered so much trauma🤣

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I laughed everytime Oilers fans were saying they were just a couple points back like they just assumed the games in hand were automatic wins.
I love how all year they have been ranting like lunatics over our PDO ever since we broke them in October now since it's obvious this team is for real so now they have started saying without any actual facts that we are too soft, a bunch of divers and don't play a playoff style.
I really hope we face them in round 1.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I love how all year they have been ranting like lunatics over our PDO ever since we broke them in October now since it's obvious this team is for real so now they have started saying without any actual facts that we are too soft, a bunch of divers and don't play a playoff style.
I really hope we face them in round 1.

I don't!! McDavid is scary, and it would be tragic listening to that fanbase crow about knocking us out. Yuck.

That is one dangerous team no matter how you look at it. But to each his own.

Reactions: TruKnyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad