Around the League Thread | Hockey is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Oh so bold

Seravalli makes some actual bold predictions in his. Didn't post it since his only one related to the Canucks was betting related (they would be over 88.5 points). Sportsnet hockey articles are such fodder. There's great Blue Jays coverage but nothing good for the networks bread and butter.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Seravalli makes some actual bold predictions in his. Didn't post it since his only one related to the Canucks was betting related (they would be over 88.5 points). Sportsnet hockey articles are such fodder. There's great Blue Jays coverage but nothing good for the networks bread and butter.
SN struggles with any hockey team that’s not the leafs

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I dont partake much but the kid that used to get the big hockeynews bible every fall along with my dad doing the yearbook i always had a soft spot for this week

So i read it.. and then i looked down and sighed...

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Ross Johnston is there for his presence in the room and Verbeek evidently felt that was more important than any slight skill upgrade available among waived players. I'd be very, very surprised to see him play more than 25-30 games.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Ross Johnston is there for his presence in the room and Verbeek evidently felt that was more important than any slight skill upgrade available among waived players. I'd be very, very surprised to see him play more than 25-30 games.

They still haven't recovered from Terry being beaten by the yotes and Zegras is still a little bitch. Feels like a good runway for Johnston to go and do exactly that and build a reputation for being Ryan Reeves and keep himself in the league for a decade to come

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
They still haven't recovered from Terry being beaten by the yotes and Zegras is still a little bitch. Feels like a good runway for Johnston to go and do exactly that and build a reputation for being Ryan Reeves and keep himself in the league for a decade to come
He's already 29 and he's a significant liability on the ice in any situation at all. He will never play a full season and will never sign another one-way contract.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
He's already 29 and he's a significant liability on the ice in any situation at all. He will never play a full season and will never sign another one-way contract.

i mean, Reaves got a 3-year above minimum deal at age 36 when he's been too slow for the game since his Golden Knights and Rangers tenures. He'll find a spot if he can prove himself as a locker room and on the ice tough guy.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Merela on Tampa is a name I've never seen before and he actually looks like an NHL player.

The ability of this organization to just grab contributing NHL talent out of thin air is incredible.

Reactions: Jay26 and MS

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Nashville has quite a few young forwards coming up outta what seems nowhere. That teams knows how to draft and develop as well.

Evangelista, Tomasino, Novak (25), Parssinen, Kemell, and Wood. Damn.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Under the guise of banning everything else. No camo uniforms/tape for military night. I guess if Truth and reconciliation day was during the NHL season, nothing Orange or Lunar New year either. Just go with the basics. NHL jersey and black/white tape only.
here is the deal, Canucks can do what they did before the "Truth and reconciliation" pre season game (I want them to do that as well) in the full season, and I doubt NHL can say a word. The problem is asking people to take side and being xxxx-bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad