I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
tumblr_inline_nvxigr70Bz1qes6sl_500.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So heres where Jones will hit his first real challenge: he was great for us until he had a bad game then it all fell apart. If he wants to be a full-season starter, he's gonna have to suck it up.

I think he can do it. But weird that he wasn't going to keep up a .975 and sub-1.00 GAA all season like I was led to believe.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I think he can do it.

I don't know why its been a forgone conclusion that this is where the conversation starts.
He put up some awesome games for us. He also put up some mediocre ones. And that was playing... How many a season?

I think its more like "Can he do it?"

I'll be fine being wrong... But we will see some decent hating on Jones from SJ by the end of the season.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't know why its been a forgone conclusion that this is where the conversation starts.
He put up some awesome games for us. He also put up some mediocre ones. And that was playing... How many a season?

I think its more like "Can he do it?"

I'll be fine being wrong... But we will see some decent hating on Jones from SJ by the end of the season.

Oh for sure, lot of people penning him in for the Vezina already, it was goofy. But I do think he's going to be a very solid starter. He's just not their savior.

A couple of those goals tonight would have gotten Quick a main board thread.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I just think it will turn out to be a big mistake for him to not take another year or two as a backup... And perhaps my homer comment, even better to stay in the Goalie Factory.

Though I may have said that before.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just think it will turn out to be a big mistake for him to not take another year or two as a backup... And perhaps my homer comment, even better to stay in the Goalie Factory.

Though I may have said that before.

Eh, I don't think he could have done much more as a backup except marinate/practice. He cashed in perfectly. I mean, he played an extended period in Quick's absence (wouldn't be able to do that otherwise) and likely wouldn't get another opportunity to do so.

Ron*

Drove to Oakland today. Stumbled upon a Sharks radio broadcast of the game.

Awfully horribad. Two of the worst PxP and color guys I've ever heard. Boba and I could do a better job falling down drunk.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I was up in San Jose this weekend and the topic of Jones' great play came up. I brought up that our goalie training/coaching/system is a big part of why goalies do well in LA. Once they leave that, they play well for a while, but they don't have our system to reinforce and correct their play. I suspected that Jones would go through the same thing as Bernier and Scrivens. Seems like that might have already started.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I was up in San Jose this weekend and the topic of Jones' great play came up. I brought up that our goalie training/coaching/system is a big part of why goalies do well in LA. Once they leave that, they play well for a while, but they don't have our system to reinforce and correct their play. I suspected that Jones would go through the same thing as Bernier and Scrivens. Seems like that might have already started.

That actually makes tons of sense.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

This is an excellent point. Kings' goalies get very good coaching from Ranford during the season and from other coaches in the system as well.

Ron*

The Sharks have been having fast starts in recent seasons, but they always level off fairly quickly. Mark 2015 at 4 games.

If memory serves, it was also 4 games last season (or close to that). Then they had an absolutely horrendous run, something like 3-7-2 or around there...I commented on it at the time.

They seem to lose interest and focus after just a few games in October. Goes to leadership.

Again.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Duncan Keith will miss 4 to 6 weeks due to knee surgery....

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger · 6m6 minutes ago
#Blackhawks say Duncan Keith had surgery to repair a meniscal tear in his right knee. Out estimated 4-6 weeks. Uh-oh ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad