Around the League- Season is almost here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
McDavid finally put out his 1st exceptional game last night. He could have had more than just 3 points if it wasn't for Hiller.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I'll be at Staples when we play the Oilers for the first time this year. I hope McDavid doesn't burn us. Not the kind of highlight reel you want to be on.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Ducks take a four to one lead with just over a minute left and the fans start to leave.
I don't get that

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Mike Russo of the Star Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/michael-russo-s-short-takes/333740731/

Todd Richards is on thin ice and possible replacements are in the mix are John Tortorella, Randy Carlyle and Ron Wilson

Ellliotte Friedman notes that

Joni Pitkanen is skating in charity tournys and considering a comeback

He speculated that despite the Ducks slow start, Boudreau has a longer rope , but remains on the hot seat as the Ducks roster moves over the summer was for a push to the SCF.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Mike Russo of the Star Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/michael-russo-s-short-takes/333740731/

Todd Richards is on thin ice and possible replacements are in the mix are John Tortorella, Randy Carlyle and Ron Wilson

Ellliotte Friedman notes that

Joni Pitkanen is skating in charity tournys and considering a comeback

He speculated that despite the Ducks slow start, Boudreau has a longer rope , but remains on the hot seat as the Ducks roster moves over the summer was for a push to the SCF.

Friedman was on the fan 960 this morning saying that the Blue Jackets GM wlil try and make a deal before firing their coach.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Friedman was on the fan 960 this morning saying that the Blue Jackets GM wlil try and make a deal before firing their coach.

They've been trying to trade for awhile for a defenseman but no luck, I suspect now they will have to fork over a better prospect/player going the other way, as the trading partners know how desperate they are.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
McDavid finally put out his 1st exceptional game last night. He could have had more than just 3 points if it wasn't for Hiller.

Offensively he looked good but he has ZERO two way/D instincts in his game. He is a true floater and a liability in his own end. No doubt he has extra elite O skills but what a mess of a player in the other two zones.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Offensively he looked good but he has ZERO two way/D instincts in his game. He is a true floater and a liability in his own end. No doubt he has extra elite O skills but what a mess of a player in the other two zones.

he may not be physical, but he is not often out of position in the D-Zone. His defensive game will come

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
he may not be physical, but he is not often out of position in the D-Zone. His defensive game will come

That isn't what I am seeing at all. He is entirely out of position on most nights. A true highslot drifter who rarely engages below the dots and is always looking for a breakout pass. Last night was his best effort yet and that would have been entirely unacceptable on the Kings even for a rookie. We must be seeing two different 97's out there.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That isn't what I am seeing at all. He is entirely out of position on most nights. A true highslot drifter who rarely engages below the dots and is always looking for a breakout pass. Last night was his best effort yet and that would have been entirely unacceptable on the Kings even for a rookie. We must be seeing two different 97's out there.

I saw that too, but he's a smart enough player that he'll get that part together just fine. He had more than the instinct for D in junior and with his skating he can cover for positioning mistakes well...that'll do for now. BUt you're right, there's a reason he's already minus infinity.

They've been trying to trade for awhile for a defenseman but no luck, I suspect now they will have to fork over a better prospect/player going the other way, as the trading partners know how desperate they are.

Andrew MacDonald time :sarcasm:

They've got a deep forward core with a lot of redundancies which SHOULD be good to get a solid d-man...but with the price on D-men vs. forwards...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I saw that too, but he's a smart enough player that he'll get that part together just fine. He had more than the instinct for D in junior and with his skating he can cover for positioning mistakes well...that'll do for now. BUt you're right, there's a reason he's already minus infinity.

Andrew MacDonald time :sarcasm:

They've got a deep forward core with a lot of redundancies which SHOULD be good to get a solid d-man...but with the price on D-men vs. forwards...

ya he's an oiler..haha
He is still adjusting to the game on both ends of the ice...only has played a handful of meaningful games. Too soon to judge any rookie.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Hence why I said it will come. Dude has only played a few games and is still adjusting. Way too soon to label him a drifter.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Hence why I said it will come. Dude has only played a few games and is still adjusting. Way too soon to label him a drifter.

Not only that, but what veteran on that team is going to instill the importance of hard work in your zone? Eberle? Hall? Purcell?

...Ference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad