Around the League- Season is almost here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Knowing he Blackhawks they will still find ways to win games. They are just an unbelievable team. Even when Kane was injured last year, they proved everyone wrong and kept winning.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
RR was on the fan 960 this am.

Said that losing voynov hurt a lot last year. not due to leadership or in room bond but just to what he brought to the team. being able to play right side in all situations. He said the team will struggle with that this year, and that by the team DL found out Voynov was going to Russia it was too late too replace him.
He also said losing stoll will hurt in the locker room. Said he was a good leader.

Ron*

RR was on the fan 960 this am.

Said that losing voynov hurt a lot last year. not due to leadership or in room bond but just to what he brought to the team. being able to play right side in all situations. He said the team will struggle with that this year, and that by the team DL found out Voynov was going to Russia it was too late too replace him.
He also said losing stoll will hurt in the locker room. Said he was a good leader.

Love RR.

But I think we will be okay. Ehrhoff is really playing well; much impressed after a bad start to the season. McNabb has also signed on after being scratched for the home opener. So far, the defense looks a lot better than it did in the first two games. Much much better.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Love RR.

But I think we will be okay. Ehrhoff is really playing well; much impressed after a bad start to the season. McNabb has also signed on after being scratched for the home opener. So far, the defense looks a lot better than it did in the first two games. Much much better.

That's not what he's saying, though. The issue is not replacing talent for talent. He's saying that having another RIGHT HANDED puck mover, like Doughty, who can play his strong side in all situations was very valuable. And it is. Voynov was a coveted defenseman around the league because of it (and for his contract).

Having two talented RH defensemen under 25 was an embarrassment of riches for the Kings on the blueline, and a major reason they won two Cups.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
That's why I'm puzzled DL didn't go after Z. Michalek or even Wizniewski, both would've been similar to Erhoff but with right handed shots. I guess its good we didn't get Wiz though because he's majorly injured right now.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's why I'm puzzled DL didn't go after Z. Michalek or even Wizniewski, both would've been similar to Erhoff but with right handed shots. I guess its good we didn't get Wiz though because he's majorly injured right now.

It seems guys like Michalek and Vermette were going back to Arizona the whole time. But you're puzzled that Lombardi didn't go for a defenseman who was in Anaheim, with a cap hit over $5 million? That's a tough trade all around. Who's going to try and make who's life better in that deal?

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Man, O'Sully sure likes Rob Blake according to that AMA...
I am reading his book Break away (a really good book, available also for Kindle App) and he has praised Rob Blake, also some teammates during his Kings stay seemed to be shocked about his resiliency during the time Crawford was ruining his confidence... He also liked teammate Jed Ortmeyer.

For his Kings time: The Marc Crawford part however was disheartening (yes he was a yelling idiot most of here know of /expected), as was the hold-out over a $100k.

I won't say anything else (buy the book if you are interested) other then people who called him POS or similar should be ashamed of their statements...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I am reading his book Break away (a really good book, available also for Kindle App) and he has praised Rob Blake, also some teammates during his Kings stay seemed to be shocked about his resiliency during the time Crawford was ruining his confidence... He also liked teammate Jed Ortmeyer.

For his Kings time: The Marc Crawford part however was disheartening (yes he was a yelling idiot most of here know of /expected), as was the hold-out over a $100k.

I won't say anything else (buy the book if you are interested) other then people who called him POS or similar should be ashamed of their statements...

Can't wait to buy the book. Didn't realize the release date snuck up on me, heh.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

All this doesn't change the fact that he sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad